Are quarks inside nucleus naturally entangled?

In summary: Bohr said that in the absense of measurement to determine its position, the particle has no position. But it definitely has mass. I just can't imagine how something can have no position but has mass. Any tips how to imagine it?
Varon
Are quarks that made up a proton or neutron naturally entangled at all times? If not. When do they lose entanglement or reestablish entanglement?

If they are always entangled. How about between two protons/neutrons or more. Are they all entangled?

Physics news on Phys.org
Entangled, I guess, is one of the latest buzzwords. Emergent is the other. The quarks within a hadron are not individually observable, and as a result they share a coherent wavefunction. As for two or more hadrons, if the hadrons themselves are coherent, then so are the quarks. This would apply to the protons and neutrons in a nucleus. It would not apply to the debris resulting from a high-energy collision where you can track the individual pieces.

Bill_K said:
Entangled, I guess, is one of the latest buzzwords. Emergent is the other. The quarks within a hadron are not individually observable, and as a result they share a coherent wavefunction. As for two or more hadrons, if the hadrons themselves are coherent, then so are the quarks. This would apply to the protons and neutrons in a nucleus. It would not apply to the debris resulting from a high-energy collision where you can track the individual pieces.

Are you the same Bill who is anti Bell's Theorem/Aspect experiments who loved to debate with DrChinese? I need to know so I can gauge the reliability of what you are saying above. Hope others can confirm it.

I'm not the person you describe, Varon, I don't enter lengthy debates with anyone. I encourage you to think about what I said and not worry about who you think said them. Posting an answer your question is something I did voluntarily.

Bill_K said:

So this proves that during superposition when particles don't have properties like positions, mass exists as the kinetic energy of the quarks contribute to the weight of a person body in addition to Higgs coupling. Say if I'm 150 lbs. Does any knows how many lbs does the kinetic energy of the quarks contribute to my body weight?

Bohr said that in the absense of measurement to determine its position, the particle has no position. But it definitely has mass. I just can't imagine how something can have no position but has mass. Any tips how to imagine it?

Related to Are quarks inside nucleus naturally entangled?

1. What are quarks?

Quarks are tiny particles that make up protons and neutrons, which are the building blocks of atoms. They are considered fundamental particles, meaning they cannot be broken down into smaller components.

2. How are quarks related to the nucleus?

Quarks are the main components of protons and neutrons, which make up the nucleus of an atom. The nucleus is the central part of an atom that contains most of its mass.

3. What does it mean for quarks to be entangled?

Entanglement is a phenomenon in quantum mechanics where two or more particles become connected and behave in a coordinated way, even when separated by large distances. In the case of quarks, this means that the properties of one quark can affect the properties of another quark, even if they are not physically connected.

4. Is the entanglement of quarks in the nucleus natural or artificial?

The entanglement of quarks in the nucleus is a natural phenomenon that occurs due to the strong force, which is responsible for holding quarks together. This force is one of the four fundamental forces in nature and does not require any artificial manipulation.

5. What is the significance of quark entanglement in the nucleus?

The entanglement of quarks in the nucleus plays a crucial role in the stability and structure of atoms. It also has implications in quantum computing and communication, as entanglement can be used to transfer information between particles instantaneously.