Are op amps compatible with motors?

In summary: Is it wrong for me to use other people's technical, ability, knowledge, talents and skills for my own financial gain?It's not wrong to use other people's technical ability, knowledge, talents, and skills for your own financial gain as long as you are not taking advantage of them and you are not doing anything that would harm them.
Omega Supreme
Can Op Amps replace transistors? Can they do everything a transistor does? They can be used as comparators and amplifiers. Will they become obsolete.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Omega Supreme said:
Can Op Amps replace transistors? Can they do everything a transistor does? They can be used as comparators and amplifiers. Will they become obsolete.
Have you done ANY research on your own?

I have taken courses. I just seem to have trouble using Op Amps in circuits, or getting what's going on with its inputs and outputs when they are connected to other components.

Omega Supreme said:
I have taken courses. I just seem to have trouble using Op Amps in circuits, or getting what's going on with its inputs and outputs when they are connected to other components.
I always had that problem myself but I was confused by your asking if they can do everything a transistor can do. An op amp is WAY more complex than a single transistor. It's a controlled voltage source with a feedback look. It has many transistors in it. No, I don't think they will become obsolete, although you never know what the future will hold.

I've always loved to play with battery-operated electronic toys. It seems like the op amp has a lot of play value as a toy.

Omega Supreme said:
I've always loved to play with battery-operated electronic toys. It seems like the op amp has a lot of play value as a toy.
Oh, they are WAY more than toys. You should Google them.

How do I use inductors and capacitors to enhance the op amp? What effect do those components have in the circuit?

Omega Supreme said:
How do I use inductors and capacitors to enhance the op amp? What effect do those components have in the circuit?
You are asking extremely broad questions. You really need to study circuit analysis and play with them in the lab (or possibly in a simulator). Asking shotgun questions on an internet forum is not the best way to learn this stuff.

It's applying that I have problems with. So I just try to have fun and socialize and relax, hoping it'll stimulate creativity.

I play a part in the development of high-tech products. I don't know how an op amp works or how to use it. I'm so shamed? Did Steve Jobs know how to use op amps when he invented the iPhone?

Are op amps used in industry today? Or is it just an electronics hobbyist tool?

Op amps are used all over the place in industry. The iPhone has hundreds of op amps in them. Seriously, start with the wikipedia article on op amps. It's pretty good. Then ask questions about what you don't understand.

Omega Supreme said:
I play a part in the development of high-tech products. I don't know how an op amp works or how to use it. I'm so shamed? Did Steve Jobs know how to use op amps when he invented the iPhone?
You are "shamed" only if you choose to be. What I pointed out was NOT about the fact that you don't know how an op amp works but about the fact that you are asking questions that are so basic as to make clear that you have not done any research on your own.

Your statement in post #9 suggests that you misunderstand the purpose of this forum, which is a bit more focused than the casual "social" kind of interaction you seem to be looking for.

Do op amps go good with motors?

Is it wrong for me to use other people's technical, ability, knowledge, talents and skills for my own financial gain?

This thread has a really bad direction, phinds explained why. I closed it.
Omega Supreme said:
Do op amps go good with motors?
Please see what you can find out on your own and send me a message with the result if you have more specific follow-up questions, then I will open the thread again.

Related to Are op amps compatible with motors?

1. How does an Op Amp amplify signals?

An Op Amp is able to amplify signals by using a high gain differential amplifier at its core. The differential amplifier compares the voltage between its two input terminals and outputs a voltage that is the difference between the two inputs multiplied by the amplifier's gain. This amplified output can then be used to drive other electronic components.

2. What is the role of negative feedback in an Op Amp?

Negative feedback is an important component of an Op Amp's operation. It is achieved by feeding a portion of the output signal back into the input of the amplifier, in a way that reduces the overall gain. This helps to stabilize the output and minimize distortion, making the Op Amp more accurate and reliable.

3. How does an Op Amp maintain a high input impedance?

An Op Amp is designed with a high input impedance, typically in the range of megaohms. This is achieved by using a field-effect transistor (FET) as the input stage of the amplifier, which has a very high input impedance. This allows the Op Amp to have minimal impact on the circuit it is connected to, making it useful for a wide range of applications.

4. What is the difference between single-ended and differential inputs in an Op Amp?

Single-ended inputs refer to a single input signal being connected to one of the input terminals of the Op Amp, while the other input is connected to ground. This is useful for amplifying signals from a single source. Differential inputs, on the other hand, use two input signals that are compared by the Op Amp. This is useful for amplifying the difference between two signals, such as in instrumentation applications.

5. What are some common applications of Op Amps?

Op Amps are used in a wide range of electronic circuits and systems. Some common applications include audio amplifiers, signal conditioning, active filters, motor control, and instrumentation and measurement systems. They are also commonly used in feedback control systems and in the design of analog-to-digital converters.