Are My Flux Calculations for Toroids and Solenoids Correct?

In summary, the conversation is about the correctness of formulas for the flux of a solenoid and a toroid, which are defined by the magnetic field, number of turns, and area. The formulas for both are provided and the question is whether they are correct. The answer is yes.
radicaled
This is more a theoretical question than a practical one.
Basically I want to know if the formulas I arrive for the flux of a Toroid and a Solenoid are correct

Leaving aside the integration part this is the basic formula for the flux
[itex]\phi = BNA[/itex]
B = magnetic field
N = number of turns of the solenoid/toroid
A = Area

So for the solenoid I arrive to this:
[itex]B = \mu nI[/itex] -> n = N/L
[itex]A = 2\pi r(r+l)[/itex] this is the area for a cylinder
[itex]\phi = \mu nINA = \frac{\mu IN^{2}}{L}2\pi r(r+L)[/itex]

For the toroid I arrive to this:
[itex]B = \frac{\mu NI}{2\pi r}[/itex]
[itex]\phi = \int BNdr = \frac{\mu IN^{2}}{2\pi}ln\frac{b}{a} [/itex]

Physics news on Phys.org
Where a and b are the inner and outer radii of the toroid.So my question is, Are these formulas correct? Yes, the formulas are correct.

Related to Are My Flux Calculations for Toroids and Solenoids Correct?

What is a toroid?

A toroid is a doughnut-shaped object that has a hole in the middle. It is often used in electronic and electrical circuits to create a magnetic field.

What is a solenoid?

A solenoid is a coil of wire that is tightly wrapped around a cylindrical core. It is used to create a magnetic field and is commonly found in electromechanical devices such as relays and motors.

How do toroids and solenoids create a magnetic flux?

Both toroids and solenoids use the flow of electric current through a coil of wire to create a magnetic field. This magnetic field is known as magnetic flux and is measured in units of Weber (Wb).

What is the difference between toroid and solenoid flux?

The main difference between toroid and solenoid flux is their shape. Toroid flux is confined within the doughnut-shaped toroid, while solenoid flux is spread out in a cylindrical shape. Additionally, the direction of the flux is different in each, with toroid flux being perpendicular to the surface of the toroid and solenoid flux being parallel to the length of the coil.

How are toroid and solenoid flux used in practical applications?

Toroid and solenoid flux have a wide range of applications in various fields such as electrical engineering, physics, and medicine. They are used in devices such as transformers, generators, MRI machines, and particle accelerators. They are also used in experiments to study the behavior of magnetic fields and in research to develop new technologies.