APS (Automatic power system) consumes much current

In summary, the APS (Automatic power system) consumes a lot of current when starting up due to in-rush current, and to prevent frequent turning on and off, it is used as a backup power supply to transform 12 volts to 220 volts in case of a power outage. However, the delivered power is limited, so it cannot support multiple electrical devices at once."
mohamad hajj
why does the APS (Automatic power system) consumes much current uppon starting on? so its known to prevent much turning the APS ON and OFF?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org

mohamad hajj said:
why does the APS (Automatic power supply) consumes much current uppon starting on? so its known to prevent much turning the APS ON and OFF?

Can you give an example of the kind of power supply you are asking about?

I assume you are referring to a backup (like for a computer)?
In either case, I believe this would be the in-rush current.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inrush_current

Oh sorry ! it's automatic power system*..briefly..it's a transformer that trasforms 12 volts to 220 volts .we use it when the electricity is off..
so when electicity is on, the 12volts battery charges.and when the electricity cuts off,we turn the APS on ( or maybe automatically) to get the 220 volts (by transforming the 12 volts)...
of course,the APS delivered power is not big.so we can't turn on much electrical devices upon using it.
thank you

Related to APS (Automatic power system) consumes much current

1. How does an APS consume more current than other power systems?

An APS (Automatic Power System) consumes more current due to its automated circuits and sensors that constantly monitor power usage and adjust accordingly. This results in a more efficient use of power, but may also lead to higher current consumption at times.

2. Can the high current consumption of APS affect my electricity bill?

Yes, the high current consumption of an APS can affect your electricity bill. While it may result in more efficient use of power, the increased current consumption may lead to a higher overall electricity usage and therefore a higher bill.

3. How can I reduce the current consumption of my APS?

To reduce the current consumption of your APS, you can adjust the settings and programming of the system to limit its power usage. You can also ensure that all appliances and devices connected to the APS are energy-efficient and using power-saving features.

4. Are there any benefits to using an APS despite its high current consumption?

Yes, there are still benefits to using an APS despite its high current consumption. The system's automated and efficient power usage can lead to cost savings in the long run and also reduce the strain on the overall power grid.

5. Can the high current consumption of an APS be harmful to my electrical devices?

No, the high current consumption of an APS is not harmful to your electrical devices. The system is designed to handle and distribute power safely and efficiently, and any spikes in current consumption are managed and controlled by the APS itself.