Anybody watch t.v. show 'Numb3rs'?

• Thread starter stakehoagy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    watch
In summary, the conversation discusses the TV show Numb3rs and the enjoyment of watching it, as well as some additional resources for fans of the show. There is also mention of a blog by a former professor and a website with related problems.
stakehoagy
anybody watch t.v. show Numb3rs?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Yes, I enjoy the show from time to time. Unfortunately it is on Friday night, usually when I am out kicking off my weekend (I have no Tivo or DVR :frown:).

An old professor of mine actually keeps a blog about the show, which you can view here: http://www.atsweb.neu.edu/math/cp/blog/"

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to see a TV show/movie about mathematicians that don't depict them as particularly insane.

Great show. I don't have satellite where I live, so I just watch the episodes online. I quit after I watched 4 episodes of Numb3rs in one night. A little much. ;)

Related to Anybody watch t.v. show 'Numb3rs'?

1. What is the premise of the TV show 'Numb3rs'?

The TV show 'Numb3rs' follows a team of FBI agents and mathematicians as they work together to solve complex crimes using mathematical theories and equations.

2. Is 'Numb3rs' based on real science?

While the show incorporates real mathematical concepts and theories, it is still a work of fiction and may take creative liberties for the sake of entertainment.

3. Who are the main characters in 'Numb3rs'?

The main characters in 'Numb3rs' are FBI agent Don Eppes, his brother and mathematician Charlie Eppes, and the rest of their team which includes other FBI agents and mathematicians.

4. How accurate are the mathematical concepts portrayed in 'Numb3rs'?

The show works closely with mathematicians and consultants to ensure the accuracy of the mathematical concepts used. However, some concepts may be simplified for the audience's understanding.

5. How many seasons of 'Numb3rs' are there?

'Numb3rs' ran for six seasons, with a total of 118 episodes.