Anybody using Morin's Problems and Solutions in Intro Mech?

• Classical
  • Thread starter forkandwait
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Intro
In summary, the speaker has been working through Morin's Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics and wants to know if anyone else has experience with this book. Another speaker, who is a scientist, agrees that it is a great book and offers to discuss specific problems with the original speaker through a forum. They believe that having a community to work with can be helpful and they are curious to see who else has used Morin's book.
forkandwait
Hi all,

I have spent the last year working through Morin's Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics, and was wondering if anybody else has experience with this book?

Really, I would like to talk through specific problems via one of the forums here, but I don't want to bother if nobody has this book except me (and the ten reviewers on Amazon). I think the book is great, by the way.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello,

I am a scientist with experience using Morin's Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics. I agree with you that it is a great book and I have found it to be a valuable resource in my studies. I would be happy to discuss specific problems with you through one of the forums here. It's always helpful to have a community to bounce ideas off of and work through challenging problems together. I'm sure there are others on the forum who have also used this book and would be interested in discussing it. Let's start a discussion and see who else has experience with Morin's book!

Related to Anybody using Morin's Problems and Solutions in Intro Mech?

1. What is Morin's Problems and Solutions in Intro Mech?

Morin's Problems and Solutions in Intro Mech is a popular textbook used in introductory mechanics courses. It contains a collection of challenging problems with detailed solutions, making it a valuable resource for students studying mechanics.

2. What topics are covered in Morin's Problems and Solutions in Intro Mech?

This textbook covers a wide range of topics in introductory mechanics, including kinematics, dynamics, energy, momentum, and rotational motion. It also includes problems related to Newton's laws of motion, work and energy, and collisions.

3. Is Morin's Problems and Solutions in Intro Mech suitable for self-study?

Yes, this textbook is designed to be used as a self-study resource. The problems are organized by topic and difficulty level, making it easy for students to work through them independently.

4. How can Morin's Problems and Solutions in Intro Mech help me prepare for exams?

Working through the problems in this textbook can help you develop a deeper understanding of mechanics concepts and improve your problem-solving skills. This can be especially helpful when preparing for exams, as it allows you to practice applying what you have learned.

5. Are there any other resources that pair well with Morin's Problems and Solutions in Intro Mech?

Many students find it helpful to use this textbook alongside a traditional mechanics textbook, as it provides additional practice problems and solutions. It can also be beneficial to work through problems with a study group or tutor to further enhance your understanding.