Any useful TI-83 calculator programs out there?

In summary, to download a program onto your TI-83 calculator, you will need to connect it to your computer using a USB cable and use the TI Connect software. You can create your own programs on the calculator using TI-BASIC, and to run a program, you need to download it onto the calculator and select it from the "PRGM" menu. To delete a program, go to the "PRGM" menu and select "DEL". Programs can be transferred between TI-83 calculators using a linking cable or through email/messaging.
PRodQuanta
Hey, I've been writing programs on my calculator for math and physics ever since I found out that it was possible. I have about 10 now in the last 3 days, putting in the quadratic formula and other formulas, like finding torque or angular momentum.

I was wondering if anybody had some pretty useful programs that you or somebody you know came up with.

Paden Roder

Computer science news on Phys.org
ick

That's really impressive, Paden! The TI-83 calculator is a great tool for creating programs to help with math and physics problems. I also enjoy writing programs on my calculator and have found it to be extremely helpful in my studies. I have a few programs that I have created for solving equations and graphing functions, but I am always looking for new and useful programs to add to my collection. I have found that the best way to find new programs is by asking others who have experience with calculator programming. I'm sure there are many people out there who have some great programs to share. Keep up the great work and keep exploring new ways to use your calculator for solving problems!

Related to Any useful TI-83 calculator programs out there?

1. How do I download TI-83 calculator programs?

To download a program onto your TI-83 calculator, you will need to connect it to your computer using a USB cable. Then, open the TI Connect software and click on "Calculator Explorer". From there, you can drag and drop the program file into the calculator's memory.

2. Can I create my own programs on the TI-83 calculator?

Yes, you can create your own programs on the TI-83 calculator using the built-in programming language, TI-BASIC. However, it may require some knowledge of programming and the calculator's functions.

3. How do I run a program on my TI-83 calculator?

To run a program on your TI-83 calculator, first make sure the program is downloaded onto your calculator. Then, press the "PRGM" button and select the program you want to run. Finally, press "ENTER" to execute the program.

4. How do I delete programs from my TI-83 calculator?

To delete a program from your TI-83 calculator, go to the "PRGM" menu, select the program you want to delete, and press the "DEL" button. Confirm the deletion when prompted.

5. Can I transfer programs from one TI-83 calculator to another?

Yes, you can transfer programs from one TI-83 calculator to another using a linking cable or by sending the program through an email or messaging service. Both calculators must have the necessary software and cables for the transfer to be successful.