Any Professional can write equations for IRF510 MOSFET for Id=30mA;Vo=5;Vdd=9?

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulties in determining the drain current of a MOSFET using the proper equations and extracting the correct value for Kp. The speaker asks for help in calculating and writing the procedures and equations step by step. They also mention that the datasheet did not include Kp, only Rd(on). The conversation then goes into detail about the equations and parameters used to design a MOSFET with a specific drain current and output voltage. However, the design does not work when applied on a simulation software. The speaker asks for help in finding the cause of the failure and reminds others to calculate without including the resistor at the source (Rs) for analysis purposes.
vco.asm
guys i had spend more times on how to determine the drain current exactly using
the prefer equations , but I failed i think the problem comes from extracting the correct
Kp (constant of mosfet)
any one can put here in details how to calculating + writing the procedures&equations
step by step; please help me find Kp to determine the current i would like
please please .....etc
extremely; DATASHEET did not including Kp;Ids(on); only they mentioned Rd(on)
WHY;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;?//

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ok here my tries :=
IRF510 Datasheet including this INFO:
gfs = 1.3 @ 3.4 A and sometimes in other datasheet 1.3@4 A. & VgsOFF=4V
i do not know what if that gfs is same as Kp or gm ;
i assume it is gm ; thus:
as Id = Kn (Vgs - VgsOFF)^2 ........ (1)
also
gm = 2 root (Id * Kn) then ---> Kn = (gm)^2 / (4 * Id)
apply this equation yiald: Kn = (1.3)^2 / (4* 3.4) = 124.5 mA/V^2

the required ( given ) parameters are : design MOSFET with Id=10mA with output = 5V
Vdd=9 V ; with using the voltage-divider ... here i want not to includes Rs ( resistor at
source ) .
as Vdd= Vds + Id*Rd
thus Rd= (Vdd - Vds)/ Id = (9-5)/10mA = 400 ohms
at this point all things correct right? theoretically YES yes yes
then as Vgg = Vgs
Vgg = Vdd * (R2/R1+R2) = Vgs
multiply both denominator and divisor by R1/R1 gives :

Vgs = Vdd * Rbb/ R1----------------------- (2)

for MOSFET :
for Id-= 10mA ; assume R1= 10K then
using Equation (1) yiald: Vgs = root(Id/Kn)+VgsOFF = Root(10/124)+4V=4.28 V
Assume R1 =10K
using Equations (2) and solve for Rbb yealds: Rbb = (4.28/9V) * 10K = 4759.9 ohms

and as 1/Rbb = 1/R1 + 1/R2 -----> thus R2 = 1 / ( 1/Rbb - 1/R1) = 1/(1/4759.9 - 1/10K)
thus R2 = 9083 =~ 9K ohms

THE RESULTs :
Id = 10mA
Vgs = 4.28 > VgsOFF (i,e MOSFET is ON )
Id = 10mA @ V0 =5v for Vdd = 9 V

The DISASTERs :
when apply the design on LT-Spice it is not success WHY WHY WHY ...

PLEASE ANYONE GIVE ME AN ANSWERS

YOU HAVE TO LOOK THAT I FORETHOUGHT ( DELIBERATE) NOT TO INCLUDE RS IN MY DESIGN FOR ANALYSIS PURPOSES
SO PLEASE CALCULATE WITHOUT RS

Last edited:

Related to Any Professional can write equations for IRF510 MOSFET for Id=30mA;Vo=5;Vdd=9?

What is an IRF510 MOSFET?

An IRF510 MOSFET is a type of metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistor (MOSFET) that is commonly used in electronic circuits for switching and amplification purposes.

What does Id=30mA mean?

Id=30mA refers to the drain current, which is the amount of current flowing through the MOSFET from the drain to the source when a voltage is applied to the gate.

What is the significance of Vo=5 and Vdd=9?

Vo=5 and Vdd=9 refer to the output voltage and the supply voltage, respectively. These values are important because they determine the operating conditions of the MOSFET and can affect its performance.

Why is it important for a professional to be able to write equations for the IRF510 MOSFET?

As a scientist, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the components and equations involved in a circuit. Being able to write equations for the IRF510 MOSFET allows professionals to accurately analyze and design circuits for various applications.

Are there any limitations to using the IRF510 MOSFET for Id=30mA;Vo=5;Vdd=9?

While the IRF510 MOSFET is a commonly used component, it does have some limitations. In this particular configuration, it may not be able to handle high currents or voltages, and its performance may be affected by temperature changes. It is important to consider these limitations when designing a circuit using this MOSFET.