Any part time at home ME jobs?

In summary, the individual is a recent mechanical engineering graduate with a 3.73 GPA who is currently in veterinary school and looking for part-time work. They have limited availability due to their current job at CVS and living in a small town with no engineering firms. They are open to finding part-time engineering opportunities and are seeking advice or suggestions from others.
jmoor328
Long story short, I'm wondering if there are any at home (extremely) part time ME jobs/ internships out there.

If you're interested in more background:
I just graduated with a mechanical engineering degree in May with a 3.73 GPA. I am currently in veterinary school and was looking for some part time work. Engineering was kinda my backup career. I don't have a lot of time, but I do currently hold some hours at a CVS that I'd like to leave. The town is small though and there's no engineering firms in town. I'd love to find something to do in my *spare* time. Thanks for any insight you all have!

Physics news on Phys.org
This would likely only be possible for a highly experienced engineer running his own consulting side business. It's unlikely for a new grad with no industry experience, simply because your marketable skills are in competition with any engineering grad that's willing to take a full-time position.

You may be able to find some small contract-based CAD design jobs listed online, not sure where though. Good luck.

Last edited:

Related to Any part time at home ME jobs?

1. What types of part-time at home ME jobs are available?

There are various types of part-time at home ME jobs available, including freelance engineering, virtual engineering, and remote engineering. These jobs typically involve completing tasks and projects for a company or client from the comfort of your own home.

2. What qualifications do I need for a part-time at home ME job?

The qualifications for part-time at home ME jobs vary depending on the specific job and company. However, most positions will require a degree in mechanical engineering or a related field, as well as relevant experience and skills in the specific area of engineering.

3. How do I find part-time at home ME jobs?

There are a few ways to find part-time at home ME jobs. You can search online job boards and websites for remote and freelance engineering positions. Networking with other engineers and professionals in your field can also lead to potential job opportunities. Additionally, reaching out directly to companies that offer telecommuting options may increase your chances of finding a part-time at home ME job.

4. What are the benefits of working part-time at home as a ME?

Working part-time at home as a ME offers a variety of benefits, including a more flexible schedule, the ability to work from anywhere, and the potential for a better work-life balance. It also eliminates the need for a daily commute, which can save time and money.

5. Are part-time at home ME jobs legitimate?

Yes, part-time at home ME jobs can be legitimate. However, it is important to do your research and thoroughly vet any potential job opportunities before committing to them. Look for reviews and information about the company, and never provide personal or financial information without verifying the legitimacy of the job first.