Any good online resources for Fourier series/transform/integral?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Fourier series/transform/integral in various physics courses and the request for resources to learn more about it. Links to Wiki, MathWorld, and a fun applet are suggested as potential resources.
Shackleford
I didn't see anything in my old calculus textbook. I'm in Modern Physics I (special relativity and early quantum theory), and the professors says we're going to use Fourier series/transform/integral in the next semester, Modern Physics II, which is really undergrad QM. I also might be taking a Modern Optics and Lab course in the fall, and someone mentioned the use of Fourier transform in the course. So, I would like to teach myself this. Thanks for any links.

Physics news on Phys.org
Fourier is so widely used that there are no shortage of resources online. I would start off with Wiki to get a general idea. There are also ample videos on Youtube.

Hey, it's fourier, jr. You should be able to help. lol.

Related to Any good online resources for Fourier series/transform/integral?

1. What is a Fourier series?

A Fourier series is a mathematical representation of a periodic function as a sum of sinusoidal functions. It is used to analyze and approximate complex periodic functions.

2. What is a Fourier transform?

A Fourier transform is a mathematical operation that decomposes a function into its constituent frequencies. It is used to analyze non-periodic functions or signals in the frequency domain.

3. What is the difference between a Fourier series and a Fourier transform?

A Fourier series is used for periodic functions while a Fourier transform is used for non-periodic functions. A Fourier series represents a function as a sum of sinusoidal functions, while a Fourier transform represents a function as a sum of complex exponential functions.

4. What is a Fourier integral?

A Fourier integral is an extension of the Fourier transform to continuous functions. It is used to analyze functions that are not limited to a finite interval and cannot be represented by a Fourier series.

5. Are there any good online resources for learning about Fourier series, transform, and integral?

Yes, there are many good online resources for learning about Fourier series, transform, and integral. Some popular sources include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and YouTube channels such as 3Blue1Brown and MathTheBeautiful. Additionally, many universities and educational institutions offer free online courses and materials on these topics.