Any Canadian engineering college for International student

In summary, the speaker is from India and failed a difficult entrance exam for engineering college. They are considering taking the SAT and TOEFL to apply to US universities, but have heard that Canadian universities have a better environment and are less costly. They are looking for undergraduate programs in computer science or electronics and communication engineering that admit international students. The listener suggests looking at all Canadian universities, as they are likely to admit qualified international undergraduates.
snshusat161
Hi!
I am from India. In India we have very difficult exams to enter engineering college and unfortunately I failed in that exam. Here exams are nearly 10 times more difficult than SAT. So I thought of giving SAT and TOEFL this year to take admission in any US university. But as I've heard that the environment in Canada is much more better than USA and the study is also less costly. But every Canadian college I'd searched is allowing international student for only Post graduate or Research. I am wondering, is there any college which admit international students for undergraduate programs either in Computer Science or Electronics and Communication engineering.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know how you searched, but basically every university in Canada admits qualified undergraduates.

for International students? Please can you provide me with some colleges websites.

snshusat161 said:
for International students? Please can you provide me with some colleges websites.

Try ALL of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_universities

I think you would have a hard time finding one that would not take an international student for Undergrad.

Last edited:

Hello, as a scientist, I understand your frustration with not being able to attend an engineering college in India due to the difficulty of the entrance exams. I can assure you that Canadian engineering colleges also have rigorous academic standards and entrance requirements, but they may differ from those in India.

In terms of your question about international students being admitted for undergraduate programs in Canada, I would recommend doing some more research on specific colleges and their admission policies. Some Canadian engineering colleges do admit international students for undergraduate programs, but it may depend on the specific program and the college's policies.

Additionally, I would suggest reaching out to the admissions offices of the colleges you are interested in to inquire about their policies and any potential opportunities for international students in undergraduate programs. They may also be able to provide you with more information on the costs and benefits of studying in Canada compared to the US.

Overall, I understand your desire to study in a different country and I encourage you to continue your research and reach out to colleges for more information. Best of luck in your academic pursuits!

Related to Any Canadian engineering college for International student

1. What are the admission requirements for international students at Canadian engineering colleges?

The admission requirements for international students vary depending on the specific engineering college. However, in general, international students are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent, meet English language proficiency requirements, and submit their academic transcripts and test scores.

2. How much does it cost to study at a Canadian engineering college as an international student?

The cost of studying at a Canadian engineering college as an international student can vary significantly depending on the specific college, program, and location. On average, international students can expect to pay between $20,000 to $40,000 CAD per year for tuition, not including additional expenses such as housing and living costs.

3. Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for international students at Canadian engineering colleges?

Yes, there are several scholarships and financial aid options available for international students at Canadian engineering colleges. These include merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, and external scholarships specifically for international students. It's important to research and apply for these opportunities as soon as possible.

4. What is the job market like for international engineering students in Canada?

The job market for international engineering students in Canada is generally strong. Canada has a high demand for skilled engineers in various industries, and international students who graduate from Canadian engineering colleges are eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit, which allows them to gain work experience in Canada after graduation.

5. Can international students work while studying at a Canadian engineering college?

Yes, international students are allowed to work part-time while studying at a Canadian engineering college. However, there are restrictions on the number of hours they can work, and they must have a valid study permit and be enrolled in a full-time program. Working part-time is a great way for international students to gain work experience and support themselves financially while studying in Canada.