Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[ANSWERED] Video library

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
How about making a video library here that links to useful math or physics videos in youtube?Since youtube is a pretty big place it would seem useful for anyone who accidently comes here...
How does that sound?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Re: Video library

If you wish to create a topic for links to youtube math/physics videos in the Useful Mathematics Resources forum, I think this would be fine.

Just make sure the videos are safe for all audiences, i.e., no inappropriate language or images. (Wink)

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013

I was not talking about starting a topic.I was talking about a different section "Video library" where users can get directly into youtube based on the topics (math related) they want help...

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

The creation of new sub-forums is only something an administrator can do, and in my opinion it would be somewhat unnecessary to create a separate sub-forum for videos when we already have a sub-forum for resources, which would include any type of useful resource, such as videos, other sites, ebooks, etc.

A topic in that sub-forum would serve the purpose of posting links to youtube videos well, in my opinion. But, let's give it some time and see what others think, as this is just my opinion. (Nod)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

I was not talking about starting a topic.I was talking about a different section "Video library" where users can get directly into youtube based on the topics (math related) they want help...
I realize that educational videos are becoming more popular and are available for free on almost any subject now from great sources, but we should try to keep the number of links we endorse that send users away from MHB to a minimum and only for the highest quality of sites. Some math help sites are focused on providing lots of lesson-like materials so users can learn about new topics on that site, but we aren't focused on this very much because it's a very hard task to do well.

So I'm not against a small list of resources for various topics but in general we want to interact with people and decide if extra material would be useful before suggesting it. Adding this extra step gives MHB a chance to make a good impression with new users by taking time to personally go through a problem with them and not just telling them to look elsewhere.

The bottom line is if you want to suggest some good resources, please do so and we will take a look at what you propose.

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013

The youtube itself is a very big resource,but it takes a lot of time in searching and sometimes the users may reach off topic.
I know it is impossible to create tutorial videos for everything.So I was thinking of creating a library under which videos of various topics can be linked to youtube.Thus anyone who wants math help in youtube will become grateful to MHB.
Is my idea clear?

I don't have any specific resources to talk about...