Really looking for new light data

• Thread starter automaton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data Light
In summary: This is an interesting article and I'm wondering if you have any information about it.In summary, the author of the article speculated that by using gases at very low temperatures, it may be possible to freeze a light pulse in its entirety. They are unsure if this is possible or not, but it is an interesting idea.
automaton
thanks for responding
im am really looking for new light data
id appreciate any links

Science news on Phys.org
Any details?
Light data is rather vague.

c still constant/ any voids einstein theories

hi
i saw somewhere light was accelerated in a gas past the einstein velocity
my friend and i both heard on the radio light had been also decelerated

mathwise I am in algebraville i read physics notions all year

a lot of quantum theory

got any data

if these lightspeed changes occurred would they alter/invalidate einstein
and any data with an immutable light constant
[zz)]

I doubt that light beyond c (that's what you mean, right?) thing. They have manage to use interference etc to push a signal over c, but that isn't exactly the same thing. An analogy to to swing a torch. If it was aimed at a wall a long way away, the spot on the wall would travel faster than the speed of light. But the light itself did not. So it is doubtful whether this can transfer any real information.

As to below c... Well, that is in fact only the APPARENT speed of light. The process of refraction works because light travels apparently at different speeds in different mediums. So, only in a vacuum does it travel measurably at c. In other mediums, light travels at c in the "gaps" between particles, but time is lost in absorption/reemission when the light hits the particles, lowering the overall speed.

Originally posted by FZ+
I doubt that light beyond c (that's what you mean, right?) thing. They have manage to use interference etc to push a signal over c, but that isn't exactly the same thing. An analogy to to swing a torch. If it was aimed at a wall a long way away, the spot on the wall would travel faster than the speed of light. But the light itself did not. So it is doubtful whether this can transfer any real information.

It is noteworthy here that the same principle that led to the faster than C experiments in the last few years also implies that the effect will hold for a single photon. This of course would mean that shadow effect arguments fail. To my knowledge this issue remains unresolved.

info on light experiments?

would you have any links or databases you can send me to

pertaining to light speed experimentation

I've recently read in a physics magazine that a light pulse was frozen to a hault by sending it through curtain gases at extremely low temperatures. I believe the low temperature gas state is called the Bose-einstein condensate.

1. What is "new light data" in the field of science?

New light data refers to any new information or data that is collected or discovered through scientific research, experiments, or observations. This data may be related to a variety of fields such as physics, astronomy, biology, chemistry, and more.

2. Why is it important to constantly look for new light data?

Science is an ever-evolving field, and new light data allows scientists to expand their knowledge and understanding of the world around us. It can lead to new discoveries, advancements in technology, and a deeper understanding of the natural world.

3. How do scientists collect new light data?

There are various methods used to collect new light data, depending on the field of study. Some common techniques include using telescopes, conducting experiments, analyzing samples, and using advanced imaging technology.

4. What are some potential applications for new light data?

New light data can have a wide range of applications, from improving our understanding of the universe and its origins, to developing new medical treatments, to creating more efficient and sustainable energy sources. It can also lead to new technologies and innovations in various industries.

5. How does the process of analyzing new light data work?

Once new light data is collected, it is typically analyzed using various methods such as statistical analysis, computer simulations, or mathematical models. This allows scientists to make connections and draw conclusions about the data, which can then be used to further our understanding of a particular phenomenon or system.