ANOTHER simple circuit analysis question

In summary, the conversation discusses a circuit problem with three parts (a, b, and c). The person is having difficulty solving parts a and b, but was able to get a value for Vo in part c by adding resistors in parallel. They are unsure if this is the correct method and are asking for help with solving parts a and b to confirm their answer for part c. Another person suggests finding the bottleneck in part a by drawing the currents across resistors and using KCL.
ABoul

Homework Statement

the question can be found here: http://www.mailfreeonline.com/uploader/5731C3EE.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i couldn't do parts a and b.

part c:
i added resistors in parallel and somehow got a value that Vo = 9.33V (part of the circuit above the 2A current source simplifies to a current sources of 5A and the lower part to a resistor of 4/3). surely i should only be able to find Vo in terms of Io...

could someone please show me how to do part (a) and confirm my answer for part (c)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ABoul said:

Homework Statement

the question can be found here: http://www.mailfreeonline.com/uploader/5731C3EE.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i couldn't do parts a and b.

part c:
i added resistors in parallel and somehow got a value that Vo = 9.33V (part of the circuit above the 2A current source simplifies to a current sources of 5A and the lower part to a resistor of 4/3). surely i should only be able to find Vo in terms of Io...

could someone please show me how to do part (a) and confirm my answer for part (c)?

So what's the bottleneck in a)?

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like the only way to confirm the answer for (c) is to do part (a) and (b) first. =]

like what misgfool said, what's the bottleneck in (a)? try drawing the currents across the resistors, and do KCL like before.

Related to ANOTHER simple circuit analysis question

What is a simple circuit analysis?

A simple circuit analysis is the process of using the principles of electrical engineering to analyze and understand the behavior of a circuit. This includes calculating voltage, current, and resistance at different points in the circuit.

What are the basic components of a circuit?

The basic components of a circuit include a power source (such as a battery or power supply), conductors (such as wires), and loads (such as resistors, capacitors, and other components).

How do you calculate voltage in a circuit?

Voltage can be calculated using Ohm's law, which states that voltage (V) equals current (I) multiplied by resistance (R). In other words, V = IR.

What is the purpose of a circuit diagram?

A circuit diagram is a visual representation of a circuit that shows the connections and components in a simplified way. It allows engineers to analyze and troubleshoot a circuit without needing to physically examine it.

How can you simplify a complex circuit analysis?

One way to simplify a complex circuit analysis is to break it down into smaller, simpler circuits. This can be done by identifying series and parallel components and using equivalent resistance formulas. Another approach is to use software or simulation tools to model and analyze the circuit.