Another Elements-in-the-Set Question

• Thread starter Math100
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about confirming a solution and the use of set-builder notation. The expert confirms that the solution is correct, given that the set of numbers is ℤ. They also mention that the arrangement of calculations and the use of a "snake" symbol is not standard.
Math100
Homework Statement
Write each of the following sets by listing their elements between braces.
Relevant Equations
None.
Please confirm the answer, I've boxed around my answer. I want to make sure if this is the correct answer. Thanks.

Attachments

• Work 2.jpg
    Work 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 119
Physics news on Phys.org
Written a bit strange, and assuming that ##\mathbb{Z}## is indeed the general set the ##x## are taken from, it is correct.

Likes Math100
fresh_42 said:
Written a bit strange, and assuming that ##\mathbb{Z}## is indeed the general set the ##x## are taken from, it is correct.
It's ℤ, just like you said. Thank you so much for confirming!

FactChecker said:
I think this is a fairly standard form of the set-builder notation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set-builder_notation#Examples
I meant the arrangements, not the sets. One could have also divided by two directly in the first condition. And the snake for AND is certainly not standard.

Last edited:
Likes FactChecker
fresh_42 said:
I meant the arrangements, not the sets. One could have also divided by two directly in the first condition. And the snake for AND is certainly not standard.
Sorry. I misunderstood what you were objecting to. Now I see that you were referring to the calculations. I assumed that the "snake" is just meant to separate the two columns of calculations, not a mathematical symbol.

Last edited:
Moved to Precalc section.

Related to Another Elements-in-the-Set Question

1. What is an "Another Elements-in-the-Set Question"?

An "Another Elements-in-the-Set Question" is a type of question that asks about the elements in a specific set, other than the ones already mentioned. It is commonly used in mathematics and logic problems.

2. How do I solve an "Another Elements-in-the-Set Question"?

To solve an "Another Elements-in-the-Set Question", you need to carefully read the question and identify the elements that are already given. Then, think about what other elements could be included in the set and use logic or mathematical reasoning to determine the missing elements.

3. Can an "Another Elements-in-the-Set Question" have multiple solutions?

Yes, an "Another Elements-in-the-Set Question" can have multiple solutions. It all depends on the given elements and the logic or mathematical reasoning used to determine the missing elements.

4. Are there any strategies for solving "Another Elements-in-the-Set Questions"?

Yes, there are a few strategies that can be helpful when solving "Another Elements-in-the-Set Questions". Some of these strategies include making a list of all the possible elements, using Venn diagrams or tables to organize the information, and looking for patterns or relationships between the elements.

5. Are "Another Elements-in-the-Set Questions" only used in mathematics?

No, "Another Elements-in-the-Set Questions" can also be used in other fields such as logic, computer science, and even in everyday life. They are a common type of problem-solving question that requires critical thinking and logical reasoning.