Angular velocity with aircraft (equation help?)

Ff=μFgIn summary, an airplane with a weight of 2100lbs requires 100 HP of power at the propeller to climb at a 20 degree angle to the horizontal at a constant speed. The equations that can be used to solve this problem include P=Fv, Ep=mgh, Fg=mg, and Ff=μFg.
littlejim

Homework Statement

A 2100lb airplane requires a power of 100 HP at the propeller to climb at an angle of 20 degrees to the horizontal at a constant speed. how much altitude could it gain in 10 minutes?

Homework Equations

that's actually what I need help on...i left my book at school and I don't have the equations on hand. Can someone point me in the right direction here firstly please? This doesn't seem that hard but I haven't a clue what equations i should be using.

The Attempt at a Solution

N/A (for now, sorry)

Physics news on Phys.org
Try these equations:

P=Fv
Ep=mgh
Fg=mg

I would recommend starting by identifying the relevant equations for this problem. In this case, we can use the equations for power, work, and torque to calculate the angular velocity of the propeller. From there, we can use the equation for rotational motion to determine the change in altitude over time. It is also important to consider the forces acting on the airplane, such as gravity and lift, to accurately calculate the altitude gained. It may be helpful to refer to your textbook or lecture notes, or do some research online to find the specific equations needed for this problem.

Related to Angular velocity with aircraft (equation help?)

1. What is angular velocity with aircraft?

Angular velocity with aircraft is a measure of how quickly an aircraft is rotating around its center of mass. It is usually expressed in radians per second (rad/s) or degrees per second (deg/s).

2. How is angular velocity calculated for aircraft?

The equation for angular velocity is ω = Δθ/Δt, where ω is the angular velocity, Δθ is the change in angular position, and Δt is the change in time.

3. Why is angular velocity important in aircraft?

Angular velocity plays a crucial role in the stability and control of an aircraft. It affects the rate at which an aircraft can turn, its ability to maintain a steady course, and its response to external forces.

4. How does angular velocity impact aircraft performance?

The higher the angular velocity of an aircraft, the faster it can change direction and the more maneuverable it is. However, too much angular velocity can also lead to instability and loss of control.

5. How can angular velocity be changed in an aircraft?

The angular velocity of an aircraft can be changed by altering the aircraft's pitch, roll, or yaw. This can be achieved through various control inputs, such as the elevator, ailerons, or rudder.