Angled take off adapters (distallation aparatus)

In summary, the conversation revolves around the search for a 24/40 bent adapter/connector of a different angle than 105 degrees. The person has tried to source it from eBay and Aliexpress, but has not found any options. They are considering heating and adjusting the angle themselves or trying to find alternatives at a local DIY store. They also mention that lab chemists might be able to explain why the 105 degree bend is so common. The conversation ends with a suggestion to try searching for lab glassware or Pyrex lab glass.
BurntEloi
I recently built my first distallation apparatus and in the process bought a few 105 bend take off adapter, however the angle isn't quite right and i cannot seem to source a 24/40 bent adapter/connector of any other angle! Is it just ebay/aliexpress or is 105 standard or something?

I am about to try heating one up with a butane torch to adjust the angle, but figured i would ask first. I would have thought you ciuld get a variety of angles, but I am at a loss to find one.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Why not try the local DIY Store and search in the plumbing section, there you will find all sorts of copper or stainless steel bends which you could fit together.

scoured ebay and aliexpress, there are many types, but I cannot find any 24/40's in anything other than a 105 dgr bend, it just strikes me as weird, I was hoping a lab chemist could explain the reason they are so common, because they don't create right angles anywhere. Its not a huge deal, its just a few degrees off what I need. I am sure if I went to a big domestic science supply store I might find some additional options, but for sure I will end up paying through the nose. For now, I will try my hand at glass blowing, lol.

Try putting Lab glasware in google, or Pyrex Lab glass, they have 90 bends and all sorts of goodies..

have fun with the glass blowing !

Related to Angled take off adapters (distallation aparatus)

What are angled take off adapters?

Angled take off adapters are distillation apparatus used in laboratories to allow for the collection of distillate at an angle, rather than straight up. This allows for easier collection and separation of different components in a distillation process.

How do angled take off adapters work?

Angled take off adapters work by connecting to the condenser of a distillation apparatus. The angled design allows for the distillate to be collected at an angle, rather than straight up, which can help with separation of different components. The angle also helps to prevent any potential backflow or reflux in the distillation process.

What are the benefits of using angled take off adapters?

Using angled take off adapters can provide several benefits in a distillation process. These include easier collection and separation of distillate, prevention of backflow or reflux, and more accurate measurements due to the angled design.

What materials are angled take off adapters typically made of?

Angled take off adapters can be made of various materials, including glass, plastic, or metal. Glass adapters are often preferred in laboratory settings due to their transparency and chemical resistance.

Are angled take off adapters necessary for all distillation processes?

No, angled take off adapters are not necessary for all distillation processes. They may be more commonly used in complex distillation procedures or when precise separation of components is desired. Simple distillation processes may not require the use of angled take off adapters.