Angle of pilot wave through apperature?

In summary, the conversation discusses the understanding of pilot waves in Young's double slit experiments and the confusion surrounding the angle of the wave in relation to the aperture. The poster also mentions difficulties understanding diamond shaped versions of the experiment and requests help from the forum. Another user provides a helpful response and the original poster thanks them and suggests deleting the thread.
David Burke
Can anyone help me with this. My understanding of pilot waves in Young's double slit experiments requires the angle of the wave to be perpendicular to the apperature. I don't have any problems understanding double slit experiments of this type but I am having problems understanding how diamond shaped versions of the experiment equate to the same pilot wave when the angle of incidence at all beam splitters is 45 degree (please help as I have obviously missed something during my study).

PS, This is my first time in the forum, I'm probably not supposed to post stupid questions here so i'd appreciate someone telling me how to get to the help area (if this isn't it) as I couldn't find it in the short time available to me. Thanx.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, the post from Anssih was perfect. Thanx.

Feel free to delete this thread now as Anssih provided the required material. Thanx.

Related to Angle of pilot wave through apperature?

1. What is the angle of pilot wave through an aperture?

The angle of pilot wave through an aperture refers to the direction of the wave as it passes through an opening or hole, such as in a barrier or diffracting object.

2. How does the angle of pilot wave through an aperture affect the behavior of the wave?

The angle of pilot wave through an aperture can affect the diffraction and interference patterns of the wave, as well as its overall shape and direction of propagation.

3. What factors can influence the angle of pilot wave through an aperture?

The size and shape of the aperture, as well as the wavelength and frequency of the wave, can all affect the angle of pilot wave through an aperture.

4. How is the angle of pilot wave through an aperture related to the Huygens-Fresnel principle?

The Huygens-Fresnel principle states that every point on a wavefront can be considered as a source of secondary wavelets. The angle of the pilot wave through an aperture can be determined by considering the interference of these secondary wavelets at the aperture.

5. Can the angle of pilot wave through an aperture be manipulated?

Yes, the angle of pilot wave through an aperture can be manipulated by changing the properties of the aperture, such as its size or shape, or by using other optical elements such as lenses or filters.