Analytically Solving higher-order Systems

• Thread starter {???}
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Systems
In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of solving higher-order systems of equations using exact methods, rather than numerical methods. The speaker is conducting independent research on the topic and is seeking feedback, advice, and links for such methods. They mention the use of Bring radicals and Wu's Elimination Method as possible approaches. They also acknowledge the potential difficulty of solving systems beyond a certain extent due to dimension-counting. The speaker's main question is whether it is possible to solve higher-order systems exactly.
{???}
I'm curious as to whether or not there is a method for solving higher-order systems of equations, for instance a system of a quadratic and two cubics in three variables, etc.
I'm doing some independent research on the topic and would like to know if any methods currently exist to solve such a system exactly--i.e., in terms of roots.
I acknowledge the fact that dimension-counting may result in the system being unsolvable beyond a certain extent--for instance, a system of three quadratics would probably be mathematically equivalent to the solutions of some sextic function which, unless factorable, would be impossible to solve exactly (unless some special application of Bring radicals were introduced).
Feedback, advice and links would be greatly appreciated.
I understand that numerical methods are much, much more efficient at tackling the problem of solving higher-order systems, but out of pure mathematical curiosity (of which I have much) I would like to attempt to solve them systematically and give a result in an exact form. If it proves mathematically necessary I can introduce Bring radicals into systems of sufficiently high total order. I have but one question: is this possible?
Thank you,
{?}--I also go by ?, Question Mark and QM

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Related to Analytically Solving higher-order Systems

1. What is the definition of "Analytically Solving higher-order Systems"?

Analytically solving higher-order systems refers to the process of finding the exact solutions to systems of equations involving multiple variables and equations of degrees higher than one. This is typically done using algebraic methods such as substitution, elimination, and graphing.

2. Why is it important to be able to solve higher-order systems analytically?

Being able to solve higher-order systems analytically allows scientists to find precise solutions to complex problems in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. This enables them to make accurate predictions and make informed decisions based on the solutions obtained.

3. What are the common techniques used to analytically solve higher-order systems?

The most common techniques used to analytically solve higher-order systems include substitution, elimination, and graphing. These techniques involve manipulating the equations in the system to isolate a single variable and then solving for its value, which can then be used to solve for the other variables.

4. Are there any limitations to analytically solving higher-order systems?

Yes, there are limitations to analytically solving higher-order systems. In some cases, the equations may be too complex or have no real solutions, making it impossible to find an analytical solution. In these cases, numerical methods may be used to approximate the solutions.

5. How can I improve my skills in analytically solving higher-order systems?

The best way to improve your skills in analytically solving higher-order systems is to practice regularly and familiarize yourself with different types of systems and their solutions. You can also seek guidance from textbooks, online resources, or a mentor who is knowledgeable in the subject.