Jen Congratulated by National News

• Thread starter enigma
  • Start date
In summary, congratulations to Jen for receiving national press for her work and efforts towards promoting dark skies. Her local PF community is proud of her and excited to see her cause gaining recognition. Her hard work and dedication have not gone unnoticed and she has the support of many. National Dark Sky Week has also been established thanks to her efforts.
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Way to go, Jen!

Jen, that's so great!

Well, I think this is a good cause, that Jen's working toward. My congratulations.

Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!

congratulations!

Yes congratulations Jen!

Hopefully, in my lifetime I can enjoy the heavens with all the beauty that they bestowed upon the Ancients. Just think, as we clear up this pollution, the name "Jen" will come to grace many astronomical phenomena!

Looks like it's the Ivies for you, Jen!

Hey, Jen, I just passed along that story to the New England Light Pollution Advisory Group.

p.s. Your last name is very apropos for an astronomer! :smile:

Thanks ewveryone! I'm glad to know that I have so much support from everyone here!

You deserve it:wink:

Congratulations Jen!

For your hard work and dedication, I'll send you an autographed picture of me :wink:.

As it is nice to see a local PFer on a national level, I am even more pleased to see a national, evil as MS is, picking up a story on dark skies. It seems to me, most people don't even know what a dark sky is anymore.

Did you all see the episode (a repeat, I believe) of "The Simpsons" last week where Lisa (Jen?) attempts to organize "dark skies"?

By the way everyone I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted this on the calender... NDSW STARS TONIGHT! You guys know what to do and know the drill... if not go here: National Dark Sky Week

Holy smokes, this is great. Congratulations, Jennifer. I don't spend a lot of time in the A&C forum (that will change when I get around to buying a telescope), and when I saw the topic "National Dark Sky Week", I assumed that it was already an established thing.

Good work.

Speaking of that Tom how is the search going?

What is "Jen Congratulated by National News" about?

"Jen Congratulated by National News" is a news headline that is congratulating someone named Jen for an achievement or accomplishment.

Who is Jen and why is she being congratulated?

Jen is a person who has achieved something noteworthy or praiseworthy, and is being recognized and congratulated by a national news source.

What did Jen do to receive congratulations from a national news source?

This information is not provided in the headline alone and would require further reading or research to find out the specific reason for Jen's congratulations.

What is the significance of Jen's achievement?

Again, this information is not provided in the headline alone and would require further reading or research to find out the significance of Jen's achievement.

Why is this news being reported on a national level?

If the news is significant or impressive enough, it may be picked up by national news sources to share with a wider audience and give recognition to Jen's achievement.