Analysing 'resting' & 'after excercise' ECG'S

• Thread starter shadows122
  • Start date
In summary, the T-Q interval has gotten smaller in width, the height of the R wave has increased after exercise, and the R wave represents the depolarization of the electrical signal through from the purkinjee fibres to the ventricles.
shadows122
i Need to analyse the changes to parts of the ECG after exercise in comparison to the heart ecg before exercise. (see attached images).

the questions are:

1. After exercise, the T-Q interval?
I put is no longer visible, but it was wrong.

2. Changes in the R wave after exercise is due to?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• resting.png
    resting.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 350
  • after exercise 1.png
    after exercise 1.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 381
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to show more effort on your schoolwork. We do not do your schoolwork for you here. What reading have you been doing about this?

berkeman said:
You need to show more effort on your schoolwork. We do not do your schoolwork for you here. What reading have you been doing about this?

Ok, I've been doing reading about it, but finding it difficult.

For Q1. I am thinking that the T-Q interval has gotten smaller in width, so the pace is going much faster, than when at resting

for q.2. The height of the R wave has increased after exercise, but i don't know what this is due to

shadows122 said:
For Q1. I am thinking that the T-Q interval has gotten smaller in width, so the pace is going much faster, than when at resting
Sounds right.
shadows122 said:
for q.2. The height of the R wave has increased after exercise
I'm not seeing any difference in height. What happens during exercise? How do the body and the heart adjust to accommodate the higher demand for O2 and CO2 management?

And what does the R wave represent? What generates it?

berkeman said:
Sounds right.

I'm not seeing any difference in height. What happens during exercise? How do the body and the heart adjust to accommodate the higher demand for O2 and CO2 management?

the heart has to pump faster to accommodate; so send the signals throughout to the nodes quicker

berkeman said:
And what does the R wave represent? What generates it?

the R wave is the depolarization of the electrical signal through from the purkinjee fibres to the ventricles

I did a Google search on ECG Changes During Exercise, and got some great hits. One of the first ones was for humankinetics.com, and it should help you a lot. Try the same Google search to find the link. :smile:

Related to Analysing 'resting' & 'after excercise' ECG'S

1. What is the purpose of analysing 'resting' and 'after exercise' ECGs?

The purpose of analysing 'resting' and 'after exercise' ECGs is to evaluate the electrical activity of the heart at different stages. The resting ECG can provide baseline information about the heart's rhythm and detect any abnormalities, while the after exercise ECG can assess the heart's response to physical activity and detect any signs of cardiovascular disease.

2. What is the difference between a 'resting' and 'after exercise' ECG?

A resting ECG is taken when the patient is at rest and is not performing any physical activity. It provides a baseline measurement of the heart's electrical activity. On the other hand, an after exercise ECG is taken immediately after the patient has completed physical activity, such as running on a treadmill. This allows for the evaluation of the heart's response to exercise and can detect any abnormalities that were not present during the resting ECG.

3. What information can be obtained from analysing 'resting' and 'after exercise' ECGs?

Analysing 'resting' and 'after exercise' ECGs can provide information about the heart's rhythm, rate, and conduction. It can also detect any abnormalities, such as arrhythmias, ischemia, or heart muscle damage. Additionally, the after exercise ECG can assess the heart's response to physical activity and provide information about the patient's overall cardiovascular health.

4. How is the data from 'resting' and 'after exercise' ECGs analysed?

The data from 'resting' and 'after exercise' ECGs is analysed by trained healthcare professionals, such as cardiologists. They use specialized software and interpret the ECG tracings to identify any abnormalities or changes in the heart's electrical activity. The data is also compared to normal ranges and previous ECGs to provide a comprehensive evaluation.

5. Are there any risks or side effects associated with 'resting' and 'after exercise' ECGs?

There are minimal risks associated with 'resting' and 'after exercise' ECGs. The procedure is non-invasive and painless, and there is no exposure to radiation. However, some patients may experience minor discomfort during the exercise portion of the test, such as fatigue or shortness of breath. It is essential to inform the healthcare professional if you experience any severe symptoms during the test.