Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

an open source program to take notes in latex

DeusAbscondus

Jun 30, 2012
Hi folks, the subject line says it.

I'm currently using geogebra as a note book in which to write "memory cards" in latex.
You know the sort of thing: when you learn a new formula and want to keep it in virtual "card" form.

I love Sticky Notes, but I can't get latex on to them.

does anyone know of a progy that has the functionality of sticky notes (searchability too) but allows you to write in latex

thx,

Deus Abs

Last edited:

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi folks, the subject line says it.

I'm currently using geogebra as a note book in which to write "memory cards" in latex.
You know the sort of thing: when you learn a new formula and want to keep it in virtual "card" form.

I love Sticky Notes, but I can't get latex on to them.

does anyone know of a progy that has the functionality of sticky notes (searchability too) but allows you to write in latex

thx,

Deus Abs
Hi DeusAbscondus, :)

Here is a list of note-taking software that you can try out. Notice that there are some programs like Emacs and Zim that gives LaTeX support. Also with reference to this it seems that Zim maybe something that you will be interested in.

I haven't tried them, so don't know whether they will meet your particular needs. :)

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

DeusAbscondus

Jun 30, 2012
Hi DeusAbscondus, :)

Here is a list of note-taking software that you can try out. Notice that there are some programs like Emacs and Zim that gives LaTeX support. Also with reference to this it seems that Zim maybe something that you will be interested in.

I haven't tried them, so don't know whether they will meet your particular needs. :)

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.
Zim is a blast!
I went, I saw, I got, now I use... all the time! ... and for everything:rolleyes:

thanks Sudharaka; you're a gem!
Deus Abs

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Zim is a blast!
I went, I saw, I got, now I use... all the time! ... and for everything:rolleyes:

thanks Sudharaka; you're a gem!
Deus Abs
You are welcome. :)