An Earthly Explanation For UFOs?

• Thread starter Nommos Prime (Dogon)
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Explanation
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of UFOs and their alleged sightings, specifically the Marfa Mystery Lights and a personal experience in Canberra, Australia. The conversation also mentions a link to a forum thread discussing the same topic and reminds readers to keep any discussions related to extraterrestrial beings in a specific forum.
Nommos Prime (Dogon)
http://hessdalen.hiof.no/pictures/

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Yeh, I know...

Let me say that I am an avid "believer" in UFOs (ET "vehicles" originating off-world). This is because I have seen MANY, and have witnessed first-hand UFO "Flaps" over Canberra, Australia (in particular "The Gabriel Incident" of 6/7 December 1999).
I just posted that link, to see who would "bite".
As usual, only somebody with an intimate, and quite accurate knowledge of the subject did (thats you - Ivan Seeking).

As that Simpson character says (whose name eludes me),
"Keep Watching The Skies!"

Please keep any ET discussions in the S&D Forum. This and the Marfa lights are certainly something very earthly. :smile:

Related to An Earthly Explanation For UFOs?

1. What is an "earthly explanation" for UFOs?

An "earthly explanation" for UFOs refers to any possible explanation for unidentified flying objects that does not involve extraterrestrial beings or advanced alien technology. This includes natural phenomena, human-made objects, and misidentified aircraft or other flying objects.

2. Why is there a need for an earthly explanation for UFOs?

There is a need for an earthly explanation for UFOs because it allows us to approach the topic from a scientific perspective and rule out any potential misinterpretations or hoaxes. Additionally, it helps us to better understand and explain the sightings of these objects.

3. What are some examples of earthly explanations for UFO sightings?

Some examples of earthly explanations for UFO sightings include aircraft misidentification, weather balloons, drones, and natural phenomena such as meteors or ball lightning. Additionally, some sightings have been attributed to human-made objects such as experimental aircraft or satellites.

4. How do scientists investigate and determine earthly explanations for UFO sightings?

Scientists investigate and determine earthly explanations for UFO sightings through a combination of data analysis, witness testimonies, and physical evidence. They use scientific methods and principles to rule out any potential extraterrestrial involvement and determine the most likely explanation for the sighting.

5. Can an earthly explanation be definitively proven for all UFO sightings?

No, an earthly explanation cannot be definitively proven for all UFO sightings. Some sightings may remain unexplained or have multiple potential explanations, making it difficult to determine the definitive cause. However, through scientific investigation and analysis, many sightings can be attributed to earthly explanations.