An amplifier that works in reverse?

In summary, the speaker is discussing the process of making a circuit for a toy car and mentions needing an amplifier that can work in both forward and reverse bias. They suggest using an H-Bridge amplifier and provide a link with further information and an alternative method using relay contacts.
kthouz
I am making a circuit of a car toy.
Actually, i have already done its first step. The next step i want to make a one which is able to reverse and i think i will need an amplifier which can work in both biases (foward and reverse). So do exist amplifiers that can work in reverse as well as in foward bias?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, it is a H-Bridge amplifier

Have a look at this:
http://www.bobblick.com/techref/projects/hbridge/hbridge.html

Basically, you have 4 transistors in a bridge circuit with the motor across between the centre points of two pairs of series transistors. You then turn on transistors that are diagonally opposite each other. Doing this causes the current to flow in opposite directions in the motor.

Alternatively, you could just reverse the leads to the motor with a set of relay contacts.

Last edited:

Yes, there are amplifiers that can work in both forward and reverse bias. These are known as operational amplifiers or op-amps. Op-amps are designed to amplify both positive and negative signals, making them suitable for use in circuits that need to work in both directions. They are commonly used in audio amplifiers, motor control circuits, and other electronic devices that require bidirectional amplification. To incorporate an op-amp into your car toy circuit, you will need to choose one that is suitable for your specific needs and follow the proper wiring and installation instructions.

Related to An amplifier that works in reverse?

What is an amplifier that works in reverse?

An amplifier that works in reverse, also known as an attenuator, is a device that reduces the amplitude of an input signal. In other words, it decreases the strength of an electrical signal instead of amplifying it.

How does an amplifier in reverse work?

An amplifier in reverse uses a resistive network to decrease the amplitude of an input signal. The resistive network can be made up of resistors, capacitors, and inductors, depending on the design of the attenuator.

What are the applications of an amplifier in reverse?

An amplifier in reverse is commonly used in electronic circuits to control the strength of a signal. It can also be used in audio systems to adjust the volume of a sound signal.

What is the difference between an amplifier and an amplifier in reverse?

The main difference between an amplifier and an amplifier in reverse is the direction of signal flow. An amplifier increases the amplitude of an input signal, while an amplifier in reverse decreases the amplitude of an input signal.

Are there different types of amplifiers in reverse?

Yes, there are different types of amplifiers in reverse, such as fixed attenuators, variable attenuators, and step attenuators. Each type has its own specific use and features.