Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Am I able to offer tutoring services here?

Prove It

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

As we are all well aware, this is a mathematics HELP site, not a mathematics tutoring site. However, we often get members who either request tutoring, or ask questions when they know very little about the material - thereby showing that tutoring is necessary.

Many of you know that I have been a private tutor of mathematics for over a decade, and have taught in secondary schools and universities. So I was wondering if a) I am allowed to offer tutoring to students who need/request it? and b) if I am allowed to make a post with some of my contact details so that students can request tutoring from me?

Thanks

Hayden :)

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

As we are all well aware, this is a mathematics HELP site, not a mathematics tutoring site. However, we often get members who either request tutoring, or ask questions when they know very little about the material - thereby showing that tutoring is necessary.

Many of you know that I have been a private tutor of mathematics for over a decade, and have taught in secondary schools and universities. So I was wondering if a) I am allowed to offer tutoring to students who need/request it? and b) if I am allowed to make a post with some of my contact details so that students can request tutoring from me?

Thanks

Hayden :)
For both of your questions, I have the same response: Where will you do that? There is no such section on this website where you can offer tutoring. As far as sharing the contact details is concerned, you can add your contact details to your MHB profile, but since sharing contact details publicly can be dangerous, do it at your own risk!

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
Until now there has not been a request to provide tutoring services.
We're currently discussing this in a thread only visible to staff.

Prove It

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
For both of your questions, I have the same response: Where will you do that? There is no such section on this website where you can offer tutoring. As far as sharing the contact details is concerned, you can add your contact details to your MHB profile, but since sharing contact details publicly can be dangerous, do it at your own risk!
I had thought I would start a thread where I could offer it, in a forum which is visible to all users.

As for my contact details, it would only be my email.

Does anyone have a problem with this?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
You did the right thing by making a thread. I will PM you within a day or so. Thank you for being patient.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
PMed OP. I'm going to mark this thread as [SOLVED] as public discussion of this question is finished for now. :)

mathmari

MHB Site Helper
Apr 14, 2013
There are some forums where they have added a section at which there is a list of members who offer tutoring via skype. Before the other members can book them as tutors the administrator makes a trial lesson to check if these members are really qualified.
It would be also a great idea for here!!