Info on heliodisplay/fog screen

• Thread starter Sul
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Screen
In summary, the conversation discusses sources of information for an essay on technologies that involve projecting video onto water, such as the Tsunami Water Screen and Heliodisplay. One person suggests checking out the company's website and another recommends researching electro-holography, as it may be more promising and interactive.
Sul
Hi

I'm going to write an essay on this, but I need sources of information - especially on the physics of how these work! I've googled, but I can't find much information. Could someone please point me to a good source(s) of information.

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
tsunami water screen

have you guys checked out the Tsunami Water Screen yet? I saw it at a show a few months ago and it absolutely blew me and the crowd away. It projects video onto water, and it has an absolutely phenominal effect. The waterscreen was huge in comparison to the pictures that i have seen of the helios display.

http://www.tsunamiscreen.com

check it out

May the {stable} mirage be with us !

Heliodisplay, probably, uses mirage effect (like on the desert)
to obtain light reflexing or rather light deflecting screen.
I don't know how exactly they generate stable courtain of
layered air but I suppose that by means standing ultrasound waves.
(may be used to heat air, too).

You ppl may also be interested in Electro-holography - check out MIT's website, and QinetiQ.com. This technology uses holography, and it is interactive, and also it seems to be much more promising and useful than any other display technology.

What is a heliodisplay/fog screen?

The heliodisplay or fog screen is a display technology that creates a floating image or video using a projection system and a layer of fog or mist. It was invented by Chad Dyner in 2001 and uses a curtain of fog as a display surface.

How does a heliodisplay/fog screen work?

The heliodisplay works by creating a layer of fog or mist using a device called an ultrasonic transducer. The transducer emits ultrasonic waves that produce a thin layer of dense fog. A projector then projects an image onto the fog, creating a floating display that can be viewed from multiple angles.

What are the applications of a heliodisplay/fog screen?

The heliodisplay/fog screen has a variety of potential applications, such as advertising, trade shows, museums, and entertainment. It can also be used in education and training, as well as in teleconferencing and virtual reality environments.

What are the advantages of a heliodisplay/fog screen?

The heliodisplay/fog screen offers several advantages over traditional display technologies. It is transparent, allowing viewers to see through the display. It also does not require a physical screen, making it lightweight and portable. Additionally, it can be viewed from different angles, and the size and shape of the display can be easily adjusted.

What are the limitations of a heliodisplay/fog screen?

Despite its advantages, the heliodisplay/fog screen has some limitations. It requires a dark environment to be visible, and the image quality is affected by the amount of ambient light. It also has a limited viewing angle, and the fog may dissipate over time, requiring regular maintenance. Additionally, the technology is still in its early stages and may not be as reliable as other display technologies.