Are Our Current Events Being Controlled by Higher Powers?

• News
  • Thread starter amp
  • Start date
Some people in this conversation believe that government agencies are monitoring online conversations and even hiring people to discredit certain information. The source of this information, a 2003 article from prweb.com, raises some doubts as it comes from a questionable source, the Free and Clear Foundations and their founder Sandra Gabor. However, there are many reports on the internet about technologies being implemented by the government in a secretive manner since the Patriot Act was put into place. Additionally, there have been reports on televised news services about these technologies and how they could potentially violate our constitutional rights. While there are many widely known conspiracies, it is possible that the government is involved in monitoring and controlling online conversations and information. It is also worth noting that both Democrats and Republicans may
amp
News Flash! http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/12/prweb95567.htm

Sorry again, Russ I once entertained the idea that you were down with these agencies. I'm really not suprised at what's being done. It almost seems as though current events have been outlined so that as the future becomes the past somehow it may have been forseen.

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like they're onto us!

amp said:
News Flash! http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/12/prweb95567.htm

Sorry again, Russ I once entertained the idea that you were down with these agencies. I'm really not suprised at what's being done. It almost seems as though current events have been outlined so that as the future becomes the past somehow it may have been forseen.

I think that this is a very serious issue and I do not at all like the idea of anyone monitoring my conversations online or anywhere for that matter BUT I do have a problem with the source of this article which puts a big ? on anthing from Free and Clear Foundations and their founder. According to the same author of your article Sandra Gabor the Executive Director of Free and CLear Foundations. Free and CLear Foundations has a bet with Soro's that Bush will lose the next election. If Bush loses the founder of Free and Clear Foundations will accept 6 billion dollars through C&F from Soro's. So, although it interest me to get good information on this, I feel the source is too weak for me to take as strong proof as you seem to suggest it should be.

Not you perhaps Kat, but I accept it at face value. There are many reports (any search will do) on the net about the technologies that were not contenanced before 9/11 but since the Patriot Acts has been implemented are effected some in a very secretive way.

amp said:
Not you perhaps Kat, but I accept it at face value. There are many reports (any search will do) on the net about the technologies that were not contenanced before 9/11 but since the Patriot Acts has been implemented are effected some in a very secretive way.

I am always amazed at how many things that the government implements "in a very secretive way" are found in "many reports on the net".

I make it a point to dismiss all widely known super-secret conspiracies.

Njorl

Point to you Njorl, I didn't say I believe any/every thing I read/hear. As for seeing, that's not always 100 percent either. However, this admins secretive ways are known and the reports are not all on the WWW. One reason I believe the report is that since the P.A. the Government has become much more intrusive of of our privicy. the televised news services have carried a few reports about such tech. and ow it could be used to invade/violate our 'Constitutionally' guaranteed right. Besides I don't think this conspiracy is so super-secret anymore.

Amp- The way this article covers government agents going online and posting on forums in order to discredit information posted there...although they specificly named message boards and chat rooms like yahoo, lycos and microsoft..that could just as easily be a forum like this. Now, maybe that's true...or maybe it isn't BUT it's disingenious to be also suggesting that Bush is somehow 'in on it' without giving some sort of specific proof or reference. What's interesting to me is that I know, personally know, of people who have in the past been hired by various companies to fight their negative publicity (sony and McD's for instance) and I also know of people who have been hired by moveon.org and GP to do the same. It seems interesting that someone who has such a HUGE potential for a windfall of 6 billion dollars to report this in the manner they have.

Alright Kat, you get two points! I wonder though what is G P and if moveon and other (I guess democratic orgs) are doing this, have you found the same thing happening on the the republican side. If you say no that I would find incredible because (I'm an independent) I believe the dems and repubs. often one up the other.

amp said:
Alright Kat, you get two points! I wonder though what is G P and if moveon and other (I guess democratic orgs) are doing this, have you found the same thing happening on the the republican side. If you say no that I would find incredible because (I'm an independent) I believe the dems and repubs. often one up the other.

I didn't "find" anything, I'm referring to acquaintances who were employed to counter negative online campaigns. I would not have a problem believing that it's possible for savvy conservative organizations to be using the same techniques nor that it will become more common as the world increasingly turns to the internet for alternate sources of information.

OK Kat I have heard that both sides are doing it.

1. How do you know this information?

As a scientist, I conduct research and experiments using the scientific method to gather evidence and reach conclusions. I also review and analyze existing studies and data to gain a deeper understanding of a topic.

2. Can you provide evidence or sources to support this information?

Yes, as a scientist, it is important for me to back up my claims with evidence. I can provide sources such as peer-reviewed articles, data sets, or other credible sources.

3. Is this information widely accepted in the scientific community?

The scientific community is constantly evolving and questioning new findings, but the information I share is based on current research and is generally accepted by the scientific community. However, new evidence may change our understanding in the future.

4. How can I verify the accuracy of this information?

You can verify the accuracy of this information by checking the sources and evidence I provide, as well as consulting other experts in the field. It is also important to critically evaluate sources and consider potential biases.

5. Why is this information important or relevant?

This information is important because it contributes to our understanding of the world and can have practical applications in various fields. It also helps us make informed decisions and can lead to further advancements and discoveries.