Algorithm Complexity how do I tell

In summary, algorithm complexity is a measure of the time and resources required for an algorithm to solve a problem. It is important because it helps us understand an algorithm's performance and make informed decisions about which one to use. It is typically measured using the Big O notation, which describes the worst-case scenario for time and space as a function of input size. There is a difference between time complexity (the amount of time an algorithm takes to execute) and space complexity (the amount of memory it requires). The complexity of an algorithm can be determined through analysis or empirical testing on different input sizes.
zeion
Hi,

If the algorithm recurrence can be shown to belong to something complicated say like

T(n) = log_{3/2} n lg(n) + (log_{3/2}(n) (log_{3/2}(n) - 1 ) /2) lg(2/3)

What order of complexity can I expect it to be in?

Technology news on Phys.org
In the order of the dominant term. So the term that is going to matter most when n is large.

Related to Algorithm Complexity how do I tell

What is algorithm complexity?

Algorithm complexity refers to the amount of time and resources required for an algorithm to solve a problem. It is a measure of the efficiency of an algorithm.

Why is algorithm complexity important?

Algorithm complexity is important because it helps us understand the performance of an algorithm and make informed decisions about which algorithm to choose for a given problem.

How is algorithm complexity measured?

Algorithm complexity is measured using the Big O notation, which is a mathematical notation that describes the worst-case scenario for the time and space required by an algorithm as a function of the input size.

What is the difference between time complexity and space complexity?

Time complexity refers to the amount of time an algorithm takes to execute, while space complexity refers to the amount of memory or storage space an algorithm requires to solve a problem.

How can I determine the complexity of an algorithm?

The complexity of an algorithm can be determined through analysis, by counting the number of operations performed by the algorithm as a function of the input size. It can also be determined empirically by running the algorithm on different input sizes and measuring the time and space used.