Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Alexa rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
We have been online for about 4 months now while that site has been online for 7 years. I repeat again to everyone that we just need time. I was the sole active administrator of that other site for 2-3 years. It was not doing amazingly when I started. I am focused on building the best quality math help site, not the one with the best numbers that are really misleading in the first place. I am really pleased with our progress in this first four months.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I do not believe it is wise to compare ourselves with other websites at all. I am highly tempted to put a moratorium on further posts having much of anything to do with MHF. MHF is its own site, and we are our own site.

Far better is to compare ourselves with our own ideal. If we do that, I would agree with Jameson, and add that we still have a ways to go, both in terms of administrative/infrastructure aspects, and attracting more members and getting a nice database of math help.

In terms of the quality of math help here, I would say we have the helpers. We could focus a little more on answering a higher percentage of threads. I would love to see no unanswered threads, though I realize that's a tad unrealistic. We have a very nice unanswered threads search capability.

Krizalid

Feb 9, 2012
Yes, the forum has had a low start, and we have to wait. We can't get much popularity in few time. We need at least 6 months in order to increase it.

grgrsanjay

Jan 28, 2012

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
This stat doesn't measure the quality of a website in my opinion, but for those interested MHB's Alexa rank is now 3,582,631. That's not even a month after the original OP when it was over 8 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.