Agilent 16900 VS Agilent 16800

• Thread starter Nate Duong
  • Start date
In summary, the person is seeking advice on which logic analyzer machine to purchase, specifically between the 16900 and 16800 models. They are looking for suggestions from others who have experience using these machines and considering the available add-ons for each. They also mention the possibility of using the analyzer for mixed signal projects.
Nate Duong
Dear everyone,

I am planning to buy a logic analyzer machine, I had some research between 2 of them, they kind of have the same functions, but 16900 is logic analyzer modules and 16800 is logic analyzer portable.

anyone has experiences or been used them before, please give me some suggestion, which one is better?

Thank you,
Regards,
Nate Duong.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Nate Duong said:
Dear everyone,

I am planning to buy a logic analyzer machine, I had some research between 2 of them, they kind of have the same functions, but 16900 is logic analyzer modules and 16800 is logic analyzer portable.

anyone has experiences or been used them before, please give me some suggestion, which one is better?

Thank you,
Regards,
Nate Duong.

What kind of projects do you intend to use the logic analyzer on? I would look into what add-ons are available for each analyzer, and think about what projects you might use them for in the future. For example, does the 16900 have an oscilloscope plug-in for mixed signal projects?

Related to Agilent 16900 VS Agilent 16800

What is the difference between the Agilent 16900 and Agilent 16800 oscilloscopes?

The Agilent 16900 and Agilent 16800 are both oscilloscopes designed by Agilent Technologies. The main difference between the two is that the Agilent 16900 is a modular oscilloscope, meaning it can be customized with different measurement modules, while the Agilent 16800 is a fixed-function oscilloscope with pre-installed measurement capabilities.

Can the Agilent 16900 and Agilent 16800 be used for the same applications?

Yes, both the Agilent 16900 and Agilent 16800 can be used for a wide range of applications such as digital design, signal analysis, and debugging. However, the modular design of the Agilent 16900 allows for more flexibility and customization for specific applications.

Which oscilloscope offers better performance, the Agilent 16900 or Agilent 16800?

Both the Agilent 16900 and Agilent 16800 offer high performance and accuracy. However, the modular design of the Agilent 16900 allows for more advanced measurement capabilities and higher bandwidth options, making it a better choice for more demanding applications.

Is there a significant price difference between the Agilent 16900 and Agilent 16800?

The Agilent 16900 and Agilent 16800 are both high-end oscilloscopes and therefore, are priced similarly. However, the modular design of the Agilent 16900 may result in a higher initial cost, as additional measurement modules may be required for specific applications.

Are the user interfaces of the Agilent 16900 and Agilent 16800 similar?

Yes, both oscilloscopes have a similar user interface and can be operated in a similar manner. However, the Agilent 16900 may have additional features and options due to its modular design, which may require some additional training for users.