Exploring Matrix Inversion in C++: A Guide for Beginners

• C/C++
  • Thread starter pmb_phy
  • Start date
In summary: If you want to write a visual c++ program on matrix inversion (the matrix should be of any order and it may be a sparse one)...that's a pretty difficult question to answer without knowing more about what you're trying to do. I suggest you read some books/articles on the subject. or search the internet.
pmb_phy
If there is somene hear who knows C++ and is willing to discuss the language in e-mail please let me know. I'm in the learning process and have too many questions to post them. If someone would ejoy such an exchange I'd be grateful. Thanks

Pete

Technology news on Phys.org
pmb_phy said:
If there is somene hear who knows C++ and is willing to discuss the language in e-mail please let me know. I'm in the learning process and have too many questions to post them. If someone would ejoy such an exchange I'd be grateful. Thanks

Pete
If you want, send me a private message (not an e-mail) and I'll answer what I can.

If you post here I can answer your questions. Plus it will help others that want to learn too.

dduardo said:
If you post here I can answer your questions. Plus it will help others that want to learn too.

Please check you're PM.

Thanks

Pete

Last edited:
I can also answer any questions you might have.

- Warren

ready to help

Send me an email with your questions and I will, absolutely for free and with no strings attached, refer you to Google.

But that's only because I don't know C++. :wink:

Chen said:
Send me an email with your questions and I will, absolutely for free and with no strings attached, refer you to Google.

But that's only because I don't know C++. :wink:
Smile a lot <<sal>>

This is what I love about PF. Someone asks a question and 7 people jump up to help answer.

One thing I'd love to work through/understand is the code to write to graphics file.

http://members.aol.com/rf21exe/gif.htm#gif [Broken]

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I'd be glad to help...I have put up some really basic stuff on my site (www.geocities.com/fsairin/) about C++ but whether or not it helps you depends on your current level of understanding/experience.

Please post the problems you face so that we can help you out...

And of course, google.com is a wonderful way to find out more about C++ resources on the internet.

Cheers
Vivek

If you'd like to edit files of such complex systems as gif and you are in the learning process you are in deep waters man. I've been playing around with c++ for three years now creating games and working in openGL and when i thought about including 3dsmax files I lost it...
From what I can tell of your experience just by reading your posts I think you should start with easier tasks. If you want to learn and not just copy/paste that is. (Which for some reason often seems rather similar :P)

I would work with bitmaps before attempting gifs.
First you need to learn C and/or C++. Then you need to learn file operations with them. Then you can try something like image reading.

Dissident Dan said:
I would work with bitmaps before attempting gifs.
First you need to learn C and/or C++. Then you need to learn file operations with them. Then you can try something like image reading.

I already know C and file operations.

ponjavic said:
If you'd like to edit files of such complex systems as gif and you are in the learning process you are in deep waters man. I've been playing around with c++ for three years now creating games and working in openGL and when i thought about including 3dsmax files I lost it...
From what I can tell of your experience just by reading your posts I think you should start with easier tasks. If you want to learn and not just copy/paste that is. (Which for some reason often seems rather similar :P)

As mentioned above I already know C. I learned it about 14 years ago and programed in it (for work) for 4 years. It's a piece of cake for me to write C code (once I refresh a smidgen). I know a bit of C++. I know enough to do whatever I'd like to do. But the question regarding GIFs was outside the C++ question. If I were to take a wild guess I would say that I want to find the file format, LZW compression algorithms etc.

Someone mentioned bit maps. Why would I need bitmaps. I'm not referring to Visual C++ so why bother with them?

Pete

pls help me to write a visual c++ program on matrix inversion (the matrix should be of any order and it may be a sparse one)...

1. What is C++?

C++ is a high-level, general-purpose programming language that was developed in the early 1980s by Bjarne Stroustrup. It is an extension of the C programming language and is used for developing a wide range of applications such as operating systems, video games, and web browsers.

2. What are the benefits of learning C++?

Learning C++ can lead to a variety of career opportunities as it is one of the most widely used programming languages. It also teaches important concepts such as memory management and object-oriented programming, which are valuable skills for any programmer.

3. Is C++ difficult to learn?

As with any programming language, learning C++ can be challenging at first. However, its syntax is similar to other popular languages like Java and C#, making it easier to pick up if you have previous programming experience. With dedication and practice, anyone can learn C++.

4. What are some common applications of C++?

C++ is commonly used for developing high-performance applications, such as video games, graphic user interfaces, and operating systems. It is also used in the development of financial and scientific applications that require fast execution and efficient memory usage.

5. How can I start learning C++?

There are many resources available for learning C++, such as online tutorials, books, and courses. It is also beneficial to practice coding and implement small projects to improve your skills. Additionally, joining online communities or attending meetups can provide you with support and opportunities to learn from others.