Aerospace Engineering: What Do EE's Do?

• Thread starter Tyrion101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ee
In summary, aerospace engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on designing and producing aircraft and spacecraft. Electrical engineers play a crucial role in this field by designing and developing electrical systems for aerospace systems. A career in this field requires strong analytical skills, knowledge of mathematics, physics, and computer science, as well as creativity, attention to detail, and teamwork. Some common projects that EE's work on in this field include designing avionics systems, communication systems, and navigation systems. Currently, EE's are working on advancements such as more efficient propulsion systems, the use of renewable energy, and implementing artificial intelligence and automation in aerospace systems.
Tyrion101
I've been doing some general EE research, what I'd be doing if I did actually make it through all the courses. My question is, what do EE's do in aerospace? since that is my ultimate goal.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Everything but the aeronautics and structural engineering.

Avionics, signature control, power systems, actuators, flight controls, and more.

Fun, that's actually what I was looking for, thanks.

Related to Aerospace Engineering: What Do EE's Do?

1. What is aerospace engineering?

Aerospace engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, and production of aircraft and spacecraft. It involves the study of aerodynamics, propulsion, materials science, and other disciplines to create safe and efficient aerospace systems.

2. What is the role of electrical engineers in aerospace engineering?

Electrical engineers (EE's) play a crucial role in aerospace engineering. They are responsible for designing and developing electrical systems, such as power distribution, communication, navigation, and control systems, for aircraft and spacecraft. EE's also work on improving the efficiency and reliability of these systems.

3. What skills are required for a career in aerospace engineering?

A career in aerospace engineering requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a solid understanding of mathematics, physics, and computer science. Creativity, attention to detail, and teamwork are also important for success in this field.

4. What are some common projects that EE's work on in aerospace engineering?

EE's in aerospace engineering may work on a variety of projects, such as designing avionics systems for airplanes, developing communication systems for satellites, or creating navigation systems for spacecraft. They may also work on improving the efficiency and safety of existing aerospace systems.

5. Are there any advancements or new technologies in aerospace engineering that EE's are currently working on?

Yes, there are constantly new advancements and technologies being developed in aerospace engineering. EE's are currently working on developing more efficient and sustainable propulsion systems, improving the use of renewable energy in aircraft, and implementing artificial intelligence and automation in aerospace systems.