Aerospace Engineering University

In summary, the person is seeking advice on choosing between studying aerospace engineering at University of Southampton or Sheffield University. They originally wanted to go to Loughborough, but were unsuccessful. They are torn between the two universities, with Southampton offering an aeronautics and astronautics course and Sheffield offering aerospace engineering with a year in industry. The person's friend enjoys Sheffield and they are seeking advice on which university to choose. Both universities are considered good and have different outcomes, so the person should consider where they see themselves in 10 years. The year in industry at Sheffield is seen as a valuable opportunity, but ultimately both courses lead to the same outcome of an aero-engineering degree.
CuriousCookie
Usually i would only come to PF to read and browse the contents here rather than to participate. LOL but i guess I'm desperate for some advice.

Alright, here's the deal. I got offered to study aerospace engineering from University of Southampton and Sheffield University. Originally, i plan on choosing Loughborough but my application was unsuccessful. For Southampton, i got the aeronautics and astronautics course. While for Sheffield, i got the Aerospace engineering with a year in industry.

I really don't mind doing the 1 year in industry if i have to. But i really can't choose between these 2.. So anybody care to give me some advice on this?

Physics news on Phys.org
6 and 2 threes really. I've been to sheffield uni and liked it and my friend enjoys it there.

I think that they are both good unis, not very different status-wise, so you have to decide where you see yourself in 10 years time as the degrees have quite different outcomes really.

This is assuming you have a concrete idea about your career, where as you probably don't as you're still in school, and probably shouldn't as you may not know what is out there yet.

Yeah, I'm not being very helpful. Go to sheffield. The year-in-industry is basically a year-long interview and most people end up working where they intern.

I'd go with the year in industry purely because the yea in industry is worth more than the degree itself. Aside from that, both courses have the same outcomes - they're both an aero-engineering degree and that's all that matters.

Related to Aerospace Engineering University

1. What is Aerospace Engineering University?

Aerospace Engineering University is a higher education institution that specializes in the study of engineering principles and their application to the design, development, and maintenance of aircraft, spacecraft, and other aerospace systems.

2. What courses are offered at Aerospace Engineering University?

Aerospace Engineering University offers a variety of courses in areas such as aerodynamics, propulsion, structures, materials, and controls. Students can also choose to specialize in a specific field, such as aircraft design, space systems, or avionics.

3. What are the career prospects for graduates of Aerospace Engineering University?

Graduates of Aerospace Engineering University have a wide range of career opportunities in the aerospace industry, including positions in research and development, design, manufacturing, and testing. They may also work in government agencies, consulting firms, and other related fields.

4. What sets Aerospace Engineering University apart from other universities?

Aerospace Engineering University is known for its strong focus on hands-on learning and practical experience. Students have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, and are encouraged to participate in internships and research projects to gain real-world experience.

5. What is the admissions process like for Aerospace Engineering University?

The admissions process for Aerospace Engineering University typically includes submitting an application, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and standardized test scores. Some universities may also require a personal statement or interview. Admission is competitive and based on academic performance, test scores, and extracurricular activities.