Aerospace Engineering: Finding the Right Minor

In summary, as a freshman interested in aerospace engineering, it's important to think about choosing a minor that will enhance your degree. Some suggestions could be a physics minor for a more technical focus, or a minor in business management, computer science, or a foreign language for a more creative or business-oriented approach. It's best to consult with your academic advisor or upperclassmen for their insights and advice. Good luck with your studies!
AE2013
Hi,

I am new to this forum, so forgive me if this question has been asked before.

I am currently a freshman in college and plan to go into aerospace engineering soon enough (declaration of field comes 2nd semester sophomore year).
Obviously, my major is going to be in aerospace engineering, but what i would like to know is what minor would best coincide with this major.

Any tips you guys can give would be useful. Thank You.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would suggest a physics minor, or even a second degree in physics. Engineering is basically just applied physics.

Welcome to the forum! It's great to see that you are already thinking about how to enhance your aerospace engineering degree with a minor. Aerospace engineering is a very technical field, so it might be beneficial to choose a minor that complements it with a more creative or business-oriented focus. Some options could be business management, computer science, or even a foreign language. It really depends on your interests and career goals. I would recommend talking to your academic advisor or reaching out to upperclassmen in your major to get their insights and advice. Good luck with your studies!

Related to Aerospace Engineering: Finding the Right Minor

What is aerospace engineering?

Aerospace engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on the design, construction, and maintenance of aircraft and spacecraft. It involves a combination of principles from mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and materials science.

What are some common minors for aerospace engineering majors?

Some common minors for aerospace engineering majors include mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, and physics. These minors provide a strong foundation in the core principles and skills necessary for aerospace engineering.

How do I choose the right minor for aerospace engineering?

Choosing the right minor for aerospace engineering depends on your personal interests and career goals. Consider what area of aerospace engineering you want to specialize in and choose a minor that complements that specialization. You can also consult with your academic advisor for guidance.

What are the benefits of having a minor in aerospace engineering?

Having a minor in aerospace engineering can provide you with a well-rounded education and make you more marketable to potential employers. It can also provide you with a deeper understanding of the field and help you develop specific skills that are in demand in the aerospace industry.

Can I switch my minor if I change my career goals?

Yes, you can switch your minor if your career goals change. It's important to regularly review your academic and career goals and make adjustments as needed. Consult with your academic advisor to ensure that the minor you choose aligns with your new career goals.