Aeordynamics, drag, wind resistance - table with Cw values for objects

In summary, the conversation is about finding a table with Cw values for different shapes of objects. Cw values determine the aerodynamic capabilities of an object, and are different from the shadowarea of the object. A link to a table with more examples of Cw values can be found in the provided Wikipedia article.
Keba
[SOLVED] Aeordynamics, drag, wind resistance - table with Cw values for objects

Hello

I am not using the standard template as this is a minor question in relation to my assignment, and not the actual questions from the assignment itself.

I am calculating the curve of a projectile fired at an angle. This is then creating a curve until it hits the ground. I need to find a tabel with Cw values for different shapes of the objects being fired. By Cw value I mean the value that determines the aerodynamic capabilities of the object, like the difference between a race car and a bus. This is not to be confused with the shadowarea of the object. Can anyone provide me with a link to such a table?

(I apoligize for my bad english, it is not my primary language)

Kent

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you very much blochwave ^^

Related to Aeordynamics, drag, wind resistance - table with Cw values for objects

1. What is aerodynamics?

Aerodynamics is the study of how objects move through air and the forces that act on them.

2. What is drag?

Drag is the force that opposes an object's motion through a fluid, such as air. It is caused by the interaction between the object and the air molecules.

3. What is wind resistance?

Wind resistance is another term for drag, and refers to the force exerted on an object as it moves through the air.

4. What are Cw values?

Cw values, also known as drag coefficients, are numerical values that represent the amount of drag an object experiences relative to its shape and size. The lower the Cw value, the more aerodynamic the object is.

5. Why is it important to know Cw values for objects?

Knowing Cw values for objects is important for designing more efficient and aerodynamic vehicles and structures. It can also help in predicting the performance and fuel efficiency of objects in different wind conditions.