What is the Dimension of This Cellular Fractal?

• Thread starter bogdan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fractal
In summary, the conversation discusses a broken link to a fractal image created using a cellular automaton program. The fractal's dimension is estimated using a formula mentioned in a Scientific American article.
bogdan
Nice...isn't it ?
http://www.angelfire.com/pro/fbi/fractcell.bmp

Generated with life32, rule V:s01234/b13 and one original cell...generation 440...zoom 1/2...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Erm... the link is broken for me.

john conway's game if I am not mistaken.

The page you are looking for has spontaneously combusted.
Actually, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please check the URL

--EDIT-- Ok its wierd..sometimes its broken..but it just worked for me..here..I uploaded it to my account..Voila
http://home.attbi.com/~dav2008/images/fractcel.JPG [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
The dimension of this fractal may be estimated by using the equation N=CrD, where N=number of fundamental units of replication, C is a constant, r is the radius of a "sampling circle," and D is the dimension of the fractal. For this fractal, a factor of three radii increases the fundamental units bounded by the circle by approximately five, yielding N=5=3D, and a dimension of approximately 1.46. (Scientific American.)

1. What is cellular fractal?

Cellular fractal is a type of fractal geometry that models the growth and evolution of biological cells. It uses mathematical algorithms to generate patterns and structures that mimic the complex shapes and processes found in living organisms.

2. How is cellular fractal different from other types of fractals?

Unlike other types of fractals, which focus on abstract mathematical patterns, cellular fractal is specifically designed to mimic the structures and behaviors of biological cells. It also takes into account the dynamic nature of cellular growth and development.

3. What is the significance of studying cellular fractal?

Studying cellular fractal can provide insights into the growth and development of living organisms, as well as the underlying mechanisms of their structures. It can also have practical applications in fields such as medicine, biology, and engineering.

4. How is cellular fractal used in scientific research?

Cellular fractal is used in scientific research to model and analyze the growth and development of various biological systems, such as plant roots, blood vessels, and neural networks. It can also be used to simulate and predict the behavior of these systems under different conditions.

5. Can cellular fractal be applied to non-biological systems?

Yes, cellular fractal can be applied to non-biological systems as well. It can be used to model and analyze the growth and development of various man-made structures, such as city layouts, transportation networks, and computer algorithms.