Advanced Aliens Are In Happiness Boxes: Why SETI Must Fail

In summary, the article discusses the idea of advanced aliens living in sealed "happiness boxes" to protect themselves from the dangers of the universe. This concept challenges the traditional search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) and suggests that any intelligent alien life may have chosen this method of survival. The author argues that this idea may be unsettling for SETI scientists who have dedicated their careers to searching for alien life, but it is a plausible explanation for the Fermi paradox. However, some may disagree with this theory and consider it to be nonsensical. The conversation ends with the acknowledgement that Omni is not a reliable source for scientific information.
Jeff Corkern
There is an aspect to this SETI problem that has not yet been considered.

I'd post the entire article here if I could, but the copyright is not mine for one year. (Yeah, I wrote this.)

https://omni.media/all-advanced-aliens-are-in-happiness-boxes

Any SETI scientist who reads this is going to feel a cold-steel knife in his guts. And the smarter and smarter he or she is, the harder and harder that knife is going to twist.

Several people have observed not all sentients will choose to go into Happiness Boxes. True, but the ones who don't go will die off eventually, since they chose to remain exposed to the Universe and all its dangers, and only the sentients in Happiness Boxes---sealed off from the Universe---will remain. Over a million-year time scale, the final, equilibrium state is not in doubt.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Jeff Corkern said:
Any SETI scientist who reads this is going to feel a cold-steel knife in his guts. And the smarter and smarter he or she is, the harder and harder that knife is going to twist.
I'm not a SETI scientist but I completely and totally disagree w/ your conclusion, which I think is nonsense.

So your solution of the Fermi paradox is that intelligent aliens exist,
but they are all stoned and playing video games?

Likes Comeback City
rootone said:
So your solution of the Fermi paradox is that intelligent aliens exist,
but they are all stoned and playing video games?
Yep. Sounds like pretty stupid aliens to me.

Likes Comeback City
Omni is not an acceptable source for serious science.

Thread closed.

Related to Advanced Aliens Are In Happiness Boxes: Why SETI Must Fail

1. What is the concept behind "Advanced Aliens Are In Happiness Boxes: Why SETI Must Fail"?

The concept behind this theory is that advanced extraterrestrial beings have already visited Earth and have left behind advanced technology in the form of "happiness boxes". These boxes contain everything necessary for humans to create a utopian society, but we are unable to access them due to our lack of understanding and development.

2. How does this theory explain the lack of contact with extraterrestrial life?

According to this theory, the lack of contact is due to the fact that advanced aliens have already visited Earth and left behind their technology. Therefore, there is no need for them to make contact with us through traditional means such as radio signals or physical visits.

3. What evidence supports this theory?

There is no concrete evidence to support this theory as it is purely speculative. However, some proponents of this theory point to unexplained advanced technology and ancient civilizations that seem to have had knowledge beyond their time as possible indications of the existence of "happiness boxes".

4. How does this theory impact the search for extraterrestrial life?

This theory suggests that the search for extraterrestrial life through programs like SETI is futile as these advanced beings have already visited Earth and left behind their technology. It also raises questions about our current level of development and our ability to understand and utilize advanced technology.

5. Is there any potential for this theory to be true?

While there is no evidence to support this theory, it is impossible to completely rule it out. As our understanding of the universe and technology continues to evolve, it is possible that we may one day discover the existence of advanced aliens and their "happiness boxes". Until then, this theory remains purely speculative.