Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ads in the body of posts ...

skeeter

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
North Texas
I realize the need for advertisements, but have noticed ads are starting to show up in the middle of a post. Anyway to have them show at the end of post content?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I realize the need for advertisements, but have noticed ads are starting to show up in the middle of a post. Anyway to have them show at the end of post content?
Hey skeeter,

I haven't changed anything for a while in terms of ad placement. The second post in every thread is an ad but again that hasn't changed. What I recommend is using any ad blocker plugin. If you have Chrome uBlock Origin is a very solid one that works well and doesn't have any added spyware in it. Soon we'll be migrating to a different forum software and I'll need to revisit the ad strategy, so if you can try this route for now I'll try to make the ads less intrusive once the new software is up and running.

Does that work?

skeeter

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
North Texas
Went back and checked in both Chrome & Firefox, ads are placed where they were before (beginning or end of a thread). Have done nothing to either browser ... beats me. :confused:

Theia

Mar 30, 2016
in some subspace
Sometimes something just goes wrong when browsers handle css. Similar kind of hiccups have happened to me too on some sites; not here though. Hard refresh has helped sometimes, but not always.