Adding extra socket share with water heater power supply

In summary, it is not recommended to add an extra socket using the method shown in the images provided. The extra socket should only be used for light usage, and the water heater is an instant water heater without a tank. The suggested switch, a double pole single switch, may not be suitable for this setup. It is advised to consult a reference book and fully understand the implications before attempting to make any changes.
JJ1
It is safe to add on extra socket by this way?
Original connection:
postimg.org/image/v6nshoygh/
Add-on connection:
postimg.org/image/vkoccsyu5/

The extra socket is for light usage only. Water heater is instant water heater without tank. The switch is double pole single switch.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Please give me some advise.

Attachments

• Before.png
    Before.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 471
  • After.png
    After.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 472
That drawing really doesn't tell us anything. If you have to ask, you shouldn't do it. If you have a reference book that explains something like this well and you completely understand it then go ahead and do it. My bet is that you will not. A circuit that feeds a tankless water heater will be too large to safely run a light circuit. In the USA we never interrupt the neutral so right off the bat you are wrong (if you are in the USA) with a double pole switch as I am assuming you will use one pole to switch the neutral and the other to switch the hot.

Likes JJ1 and davenn

Related to Adding extra socket share with water heater power supply

1. How do I add an extra socket to share with my water heater power supply?

To add an extra socket to share with your water heater, you will need to install a new electrical outlet. This can be done by hiring a licensed electrician or by following proper safety guidelines and doing it yourself if you have experience with electrical work. You will also need to make sure that the new outlet can handle the power supply needed for both the water heater and the additional socket.

2. Can I use any type of outlet for the extra socket?

No, it is important to use the correct type of outlet for the extra socket. The outlet must be able to handle the power supply needed for both the water heater and the additional socket. It is recommended to use a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlet for added safety.

3. Do I need to turn off the power supply before adding the extra socket?

Yes, it is crucial to turn off the power supply before attempting to add an extra socket to share with your water heater. This will prevent any accidents or electrical hazards. Make sure to also use proper safety equipment and follow safety guidelines when working with electricity.

4. Can I add the extra socket to an existing circuit?

Yes, you can add the extra socket to an existing circuit as long as the circuit can handle the additional load. It is recommended to consult with an electrician to ensure that the circuit can handle the extra socket and that it is up to code.

5. Will adding an extra socket affect the performance of my water heater?

No, as long as the extra socket is properly installed and the circuit can handle the added load, it will not affect the performance of your water heater. However, it is important to regularly check and maintain the water heater to ensure its optimal performance.