Add New Profile Fields - Physics Forums

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the purpose of adding new profile fields on Physics Forums is to provide a more personalized experience for users and foster a stronger sense of community. To add new profile fields, users can go to their profile settings and click on the "Edit Profile" button. The new profile fields allow users to include a variety of information such as education, research interests, and professional affiliations. These fields will be visible to other users, but privacy settings can be adjusted. Users can also edit or delete their new profile fields at any time.
We have added three new fields to enhance your profile.

Educational Background
Favorite Area of Science
Degree in?

Completely optional. Enjoy!

https://www.physicsforums.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
We have added three new fields to enhance your profile.

Educational Background
Favorite Area of Science
Degree in?

Completely optional. Enjoy!

https://www.physicsforums.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! :-p

Thanks Greg! My profile needed a little updating anyway.

Cool new features! Thanks Greg!

Related to Add New Profile Fields - Physics Forums

1. What is the purpose of adding new profile fields on Physics Forums?

The purpose of adding new profile fields on Physics Forums is to provide a more comprehensive and personalized experience for our users. By allowing users to add specific information about their background, interests, and expertise, we hope to foster a stronger sense of community and facilitate more meaningful interactions between members.

2. How can I add new profile fields on Physics Forums?

To add new profile fields on Physics Forums, simply go to your profile settings and click on the "Edit Profile" button. From there, you can click on the "Add New Field" button and fill in the necessary information. Make sure to save your changes before exiting the page.

3. What type of information can I include in the new profile fields?

The new profile fields allow you to add a variety of information, including your education, research interests, professional affiliations, and any other relevant details about your background and experience in the field of physics. You can also add links to your personal website or social media profiles.

4. Will my new profile fields be visible to other users?

Yes, any new profile fields that you add will be visible to other users on Physics Forums. However, you can choose to make certain fields visible only to your friends or to keep them private by adjusting your privacy settings.

5. Can I edit or delete my new profile fields?

Yes, you can edit or delete your new profile fields at any time by going to your profile settings and clicking on the "Edit Profile" button. From there, you can make any necessary changes to your fields or delete them altogether. Just remember to save your changes before exiting the page.