What super power/s do you most wish you had and why ?

• Thread starter KL70
  • Start date
In summary, the participants in this conversation discussed their desired superpowers, excluding the common ones like invisibility and telekinesis. Some mentioned humorous powers, such as Homer Simpson's ability to sniff out cake text and hear pudding, while others wished for more serious powers related to physics, like understanding the universe and being able to teleport. Some also desired the power of clairvoyance or the ability to slip into other people's minds. Overall, the conversation was lighthearted and imaginative, with each person sharing their unique ideas for superpowers.
KL70
Excluding the seemingly obvious and boringly predictable
(invisibility, being able to fly, shape shifting, telekinesis),
what (serious or humorous) creative, witty superpower/s do you most wish you had at your command and why ?

Any superpower/s relating to anything in physics you'd love to see demonstrated, would be cool.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ability to seduce any woman I chose would be nice.

Hmm... I can't think of one myself, but I do know that Homer Simpson can tell what the text on a cake is by sniffing it from a distance... he can also hear pudding. That *might* come in handy.

I already have the ability to stay up all night hanging out at the Physics Forum

If i could have one power relating to physics it would be to understand everything in the universe. To solve the super string theory and mtheory and prove to all the unbelievers out there that they are wrong and string theory is really "the theory of everything". I could win the nobel prize and get a million bucks

Originally posted by The_Professional
I already have the ability to stay up all night hanging out at the Physics Forum
I have this ability too.

I wish my brain could function well without any sleep until the day I die. If possible, I wish I could live forever. There're so many interesting things to learn and enjoy but life is so short.

I wish i had the ability to understand women . OOH OOH! and be at the right place at the right time!

I'd like clairvoyance, to be able to know what really goes on behind the locked doors in the corridors of power.

And no, I wouldn't use it to snoop on people's sex lives. Cross my heart.

I like the idea of clairvoyance too. However, if I could have a super-power that was somehow related to physics, I'd say the ability to harness quantum entanglement (which would allow me to teleport). As well as harnessing quantum tunneling, which would let me walk through walls. And I would also like to be able to move through the higher spatial dimensions. Indeed, this last one could take the place of "clairvoyance", since I could then peak behind any closed doors simply by looking at it from another dimension.

I recall being asked what three super powers I would want. My response was omniscience, omnipotence, and the ability to breathe underwater.

I think I would like the power of Maxwell's demon.

I think a Being John Malcovic (sp) type power would be divine... the ability to slip into anyone's mind at any given time, and experience what he or she experiences.

X-ray vision, think of the possablites i could give who ever i wanted to cancer

Interesting topic. It coincides with my avatar. :smile:

If I could I'd like to have the powers of (or even be for a day) Ororo Munroe better known as Storm of the X-men...the wind witch.

Cheers.

Last edited:
The ability to rub my belly while patting my head and hopping on one foot.

Or

The ability to change history at will and then see what happens [happened].

Or

The ability to refuse the IRS...but that's just too far out.

Originally posted by NateTG
I recall being asked what three super powers I would want. My response was omniscience, omnipotence, and the ability to breathe underwater.

I think I would like the power of Maxwell's demon.

Well, omnipotence would kind of include the ability to breath underwater by default, right?

What super power/s do you most wish you had and why ?

As a scientist, I have been asked this question many times. Here are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about super powers and my answers:

1. Can you really have any super power you want?

Well, in the world of science, anything is possible. However, we have not yet discovered a way to give someone super powers. It is still a fictional concept, but it's always fun to imagine and dream about it.

2. What is the most practical super power to have?

This depends on the person and their individual needs. For some, the ability to fly or teleport would be practical for saving time and avoiding traffic. For others, super strength or invincibility would be useful for physical tasks. It really depends on the individual's lifestyle and goals.

3. Why do people find super powers so fascinating?

Super powers represent the idea of being above and beyond the limitations of human abilities. It taps into our desire for control and power. Plus, who wouldn't want to be able to do something extraordinary and make a positive impact in the world?

4. Do you think having a super power would make life easier?

In some ways, yes. But with great power comes great responsibility. A super power may make certain tasks easier, but it could also bring about new challenges and responsibilities. Plus, there is always the risk of attracting unwanted attention or danger.

5. If you could have any super power, what would it be?

This is a tough question, as there are so many amazing super powers out there. But if I had to choose, I think I would go with the ability to control time. It would give me the power to pause, rewind, or fast forward time, which would be incredibly useful for both personal and scientific reasons.