No Online Access: Why I'm Gonna Be Scarce

• Thread starter Mentat
  • Start date
In summary, Dimitri Terryn was denied access to the library computers because he had downloaded offensive material, and Mentat is not allowed here at school because he has a low post count.
Mentat
I have recently been denied access to the Library computers that I've been using for the past few months...this means I will not be able to get on-line nearly as often as I have been. While I'm sure you're all happy to hear this, I'm just informing you so that you won't think I've abandoned a thread, just because it's a few days before I respond to it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Dont be stupid, just find another source of computers. Or a different library.

Now why would you be denied access to the library computers? Did you download anything offensive, or did you just use them too much?

Come on Mentat, fess up. What did you do...this time?

Whatever it was, it was worth it though. right?

Good luck with your post count.

I'm not allowed to come here at school anymore because some idiot that thought he owned the place downloaded offensive stuff. If only I could get my hands on that guys neck.

I hate those guys. I wouldn't like to get my hands on their necks. I'd like to get a knife in there. The problem is that I think they have bigger ones...

Maybe Physics Forums was too explicit...dont forget we have a thread about shhhhhh *whisper* Masturbation! and the library people cottoned on.

Originally posted by Andy
Dont be stupid, just find another source of computers. Or a different library.

If only. I'm a 15-year-old kid; I don't drive, and I don't have any friends with computers (I don't have many friends at all), except the one I'm using right now.

Originally posted by Dimitri Terryn
Now why would you be denied access to the library computers? Did you download anything offensive, or did you just use them too much?

My parental unit denied me access, and it's mostly for that second reason .

Humm looking at your post count, and mine, (use the 'search' feature in my postings cause it's higher then is shown) I have "limited access", seems your "limited access" is better then my "limited access"...but I don't 'download'...hope you have what you need...

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Come on Mentat, fess up. What did you do...this time?

Remember when I said I had a lot of friends who are (unfortunately) creationists? My mother is one of them . Nuf said?

Originally posted by Mentat
Remember when I said I had a lot of friends who are (unfortunately) creationists? My mother is one of them . Nuf said?
Not lots of friends written above, lots of friends written herein, Apparently "Parental Unit" is a creationist, well parents have the rights for reasons...following your parents wishes is quite possible the best route for you, even if you cannot see it now...soon enough (it will seem to "fly by") you will be choosing entirely for yourself, so perhaps you can look at this as the lead up testing of yourself as to your ability to control your self, perhaps not...but I would repectfully suggest that you shouldn't play with the idea of "I've no friends" cause it isn't true...

Hope it works out for you well, and perhaps you can look at it as now you will have more "inner thinking time"...that's how I have, By God's Grace gotten past some of the more, what? "boring(?) times".

Originally posted by Mentat

I am sure that you are no small challenge for your mother as well.

Hang in there...this too shall pass. :wink:

Thanks Ivan...if I've played my cards right, it has passed already...but, then again, maybe not. I'm not sure yet.

What is "No Online Access: Why I'm Gonna Be Scarce" about?

"No Online Access: Why I'm Gonna Be Scarce" is an article written by a scientist who is taking a break from being active online for various reasons.

Why is the scientist taking a break from being online?

The scientist is taking a break from being online for several reasons, including focusing on their research, avoiding distractions, and improving their mental health.

Will the scientist still be accessible for communication during their break from being online?

Yes, the scientist will still be accessible for communication through other means such as email or in-person meetings.

How long will the scientist be offline?

The scientist's break from being online may vary in duration, but it is typically temporary and they will eventually return to being active online.

Is there a specific reason for the scientist's decision to be scarce online?

The scientist's decision to be scarce online is a personal one and may be influenced by a variety of factors, such as work-life balance, privacy concerns, or a need for a mental break.