Acer Laptop Reviews: Is It A Good Buy?

• Thread starter darkar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary, The conversation discusses the quality and performance of Acer laptops. The participants agree that Acer laptops are good for basic use and come with affordable prices. However, for more intensive tasks like video editing or using MATLAB, a higher-end Acer laptop may be preferable. The shared video memory on Acer laptops is also praised.
darkar
Hey there... is Acer laptop good?

Computer science news on Phys.org
well darkar i got one a few days ago, i.e. the acer aspire 3000. it was cheap because it has this cheap sempron processor. It packs 1.6ghz but i would argue that it's faster (just kidding i upgraded the ram to 512mb so it works great). the only problem i have and that is with the battery, which only lasts an hour and 30 minutes.

i think that it was definitely worth the $600+ that i paid for it since it performs great, has great wifi and other cool features.

If you can live with the whole acer package or know how to erase it all then you properly cannot find a chapter laptop. Those i know that have an acer are also happy with it.

However, if you need to do some serious image/video or MATLAB like simlulations you will want something a little better (acer also got that).

i have not used MATLAB on it as yet so i cannot comment on this but the 64mb shared video memory works really good.

Hey, I finally decided to buy a acer laptop and I m using it now!

Thx for the comments ~

which one did you get?

Acer Travelmate 8104WLMi

Related to Acer Laptop Reviews: Is It A Good Buy?

1. Is the Acer laptop worth the price?

The value of an Acer laptop depends on your personal needs and preferences. It offers a range of features and capabilities at different price points, so it's important to evaluate what you need in a laptop and compare it to the model you are considering. Overall, Acer laptops are known for being affordable and offering good performance for the price.

2. How does the battery life of Acer laptops compare to other brands?

The battery life of Acer laptops can vary depending on the model and usage. However, in general, Acer laptops have a decent battery life that is comparable to other brands. It's always recommended to check the specific battery life of the model you are interested in before making a purchase.

3. What is the build quality of Acer laptops?

Acer laptops are known for having a sturdy build quality. They use durable materials and undergo rigorous testing to ensure they can withstand everyday use. However, like any laptop, it's important to handle it with care to maintain its longevity.

4. Are Acer laptops good for gaming?

Acer offers a range of laptops, some of which are specifically designed for gaming. These models typically have high-performance processors, dedicated graphics cards, and advanced cooling systems. However, for casual gamers, Acer also offers budget-friendly options that can handle lighter gaming tasks.

5. Do Acer laptops come with a warranty?

Yes, Acer laptops come with a standard one-year warranty for parts and labor. Some models may also have an extended warranty option available for purchase. It's always recommended to check the warranty coverage before making a purchase.