Acceleration of the object, distance, kinematic coefficient

In summary, the problem is asking for the acceleration of an object sliding down a slope inclined at 30 degrees, along with the distance between the object and the slope, the coefficient of kinematic friction, the frictional force acting on the object, and the velocity of the object after 1.5 seconds. The problem statement also includes the mass of the object (3.00 kg) and the distance it slides (2.00 m). The solution will require breaking down the forces acting on the object, including the normal force and the force of gravity, and using the relationships between these forces to solve for the unknown variables.
MagdaStan
Hello guys. i know i shouldn't be doing this, but I am asking you if you can help me with a problem for my younger sister, because my major is something else (biology, genetics) and she need this and doesn't know how to solve it..

1. Homework Statement

At an upper end of the slope inclined at 30°, the object stopped at 3,00kg started to slip and then 1,50 seconds, slides down a distance of 2,00m. Find the acceleration of the object, the distance between the object and the slope , kinematic friction coefficient, frictional force acting on the object , 2,00 m, then find the velocity of the object.

Physics news on Phys.org
MagdaStan said:
Hello guys. i know i shouldn't be doing this, but I am asking you if you can help me with a problem for my younger sister, because my major is something else (biology, genetics) and she need this and doesn't know how to solve it..

1. Homework Statement

At an upper end of the slope inclined at 30°, the object stopped at 3,00kg started to slip and then 1,50 seconds, slides down a distance of 2,00m. Find the acceleration of the object, the distance between the object and the slope , kinematic friction coefficient, frictional force acting on the object , 2,00 m, then find the velocity of the object.

If you can clarify the problem statement:
I understand, there is a sloped surface at an angle inclined 30 degrees above horizontal. There is a mass of 3.00 kg. The box slides down 2.00m and takes 1.5 seconds to do so. Can we assume they are increasing the mass, it was static and not moving as they were increasing mass? Then we can mind Fstatic(max). Then we find what you need to know.

you need to know:

coefficient of kinematic friction
force of friction
and the velocity at t=1.5s
?

First: I will help you, as we aren't supposed to solve H/W haha? but in the mean time I'll work it out (I'm bored).

Here's a site that will help, IT DOESN'T include any slope, but can show the relationship between Fs and Fk. Break the question down into vector components ie

Fnormal = mg (sin or cos) (30 or 60)

http://www.pstcc.edu/departments/natural_behavioral_sciences/Web%20Physics/Experiment%2005web.htm

MagdaStan said:

1. Homework Statement

We don't allow posts here with schoolwork problems where you show no effort. Please use the hints provided in the reply above, and re-post in the Introductory Physics Homework forum. Fill out that Template completely, including the Relevant Equations and your Attempt at a solution.

This thread is closed.

1. What is acceleration and how is it measured?

Acceleration is the rate of change of an object's velocity over time. It is measured in units of distance per time squared, such as meters per second squared (m/s^2). Acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the time it takes for the change to occur.

2. How does acceleration affect an object's motion?

Acceleration causes an object to change its velocity, either by speeding up or slowing down. The direction of the acceleration also determines the direction of the change in velocity. In other words, acceleration causes a change in an object's motion.

3. What is the relationship between acceleration and distance?

The relationship between acceleration and distance is dependent on time. The longer an object accelerates, the greater the distance it will travel. This can be seen in the equation d = 1/2at^2, where d is the distance traveled, a is the acceleration, and t is the time.

4. What is the kinematic coefficient and how does it affect an object's motion?

The kinematic coefficient is a measure of an object's resistance to motion. It is influenced by factors such as air resistance, friction, and surface properties. A higher kinematic coefficient means that an object will experience more resistance and will require more force to accelerate.

5. How can the acceleration of an object be affected by external forces?

An object's acceleration can be affected by external forces, such as gravity, air resistance, or applied forces. These forces can either increase or decrease the acceleration of an object. For example, gravity causes objects to accelerate towards the Earth, while air resistance can slow down an object's acceleration.