Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

About Spoilered Content

Theia

Mar 30, 2016
I would like to ask, if it was possible to enable show/hide feature for guest users too? I often visit on the forum on my phone, but it is pain to log in and usually all and everything interesting content is spoilered and no business without logging in... Thank you!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I would like to ask, if it was possible to enable show/hide feature for guest users too? I often visit on the forum on my phone, but it is pain to log in and usually all and everything interesting content is spoilered and no business without logging in... Thank you!
Hello, Theia ! (Wave)

We have custom code in place that hides certain elements in posts from guests, as an incentive to get guests to register and log in, and hopefully become a part of our community. The elements hidden from guests include:

• External links
  • Inline attached images
  • CODE/PHP/HTML blocks
  • Embedded live Desmos graphing calculators
  • Static Desmos graphs
  • Hot-linked images
  • Spoilers
  • Ascii art blocks
  • Embedded videos
I don't use a phone for browsing the internet, so I had no idea that logging in with a phone is "a pain" as you say. I also rarely log out, usually I only do so to test how some custom feature behaves for guests.

On a desktop PC, logging in involves typing my username, and my password, making sure the "Remember Me" checkbox is checked and then clicking the log in button, which is very easy to do...it takes me a couple of seconds tops...and I naturally assumed it is roughly the same on a phone...what extra steps making the login difficult are involved when using a phone to log in?

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
I have a Samsung Android phone, but I never have to log in. It always remembers, both with the native browser and with chrome.

lfdahl

Nov 26, 2013
I too have a Samsung android phone and share I like Serena ´s experience.
(No, this is not a Samsung commercial (Smile) )