Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

about ad

karush

Jan 31, 2012
ok I just saw your
"Ad so we can stay on line"

I do have something I think might help the financial situation.
but its a primitive idea and sure there are lots of unknown angles to it

but anyway basically I am pursuing the position of becoming
a TA for University teachers who need a LaTEX writers to produce documents for classes or even writing text books unique for their class. I am very aware this is not an easy pursuit and have found the protocol is rather daunting.

But I think there might be some possibility to turn this into some income for MHB.
For one thing I need is portfolio stuff with all the features that a TA would need to be very valuable and sellable
Thus, be glad to via MHB to provide services to Students, Teachers, whatever, provided they donate financial what they consider a farir cost of the service, to the Forum,

I don't know the full crossection of this forum but I am sure there is a need for this.
For example I was going to offer to students to have their handwritten homework completely converted to a LaTEX document. I know this can be be rather quickly because it is by far just templates.

Also, I continually see more and more teachers either they or a TA producing PDFs of solved hm problems and then posting them on a site. There still is a lot of handwriten stuff but it looks cave man.

like I say a wild idea, and maybe a very steep road but would like to try it.
There are site where you can bid on Latex typsetting the bids are surprizing high.

With all this, with all the forums I have visited, (about 2) this one is really the best
other forums have high expertese level but the site in really meserable to work with
the high point on this one was the live view latex pane.

ok I have tossed the dice on the table

with this, I am retired so not in need of income so I love getting involve in fundraising for worthy causes

View attachment 8306
the new rail station for UHW open in about a year

Wilmer

In Memoriam
Mar 19, 2012
...or open a lemonade stand...to be operated by Dan :)

karush

Jan 31, 2012
Don't know

So many forums and blogs now
some charge you dearly for not much help

this one is just pure courtesy

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
...or open a lemonade stand...to be operated by Dan :)
Hey! I wouldn't sell anything like lemonade. It gives me heartburn. Now pan-galactic gargle blasters would be a possibility.

-Dan

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
But I think there might be some possibility to turn this into some income for MHB.
For one thing I need is portfolio stuff with all the features that a TA would need to be very valuable and sellable
Thus, be glad to via MHB to provide services to Students, Teachers, whatever, provided they donate financial what they consider a farir cost of the service, to the Forum,
Hey karush,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to this thread and first off thank you for posting!

Can you explain your idea that I've quoted? I'm not sure that I fully follow. Are you talking about something that MHB could do for a certain demographic naturally, they just need to know about us or is it a special project?

karush

Jan 31, 2012
Hey karush,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to this thread and first off thank you for posting!

Can you explain your idea that I've quoted? I'm not sure that I fully follow. Are you talking about something that MHB could do for a certain demographic naturally, they just need to know about us or is it a special project?
ok yes I think we could draw in a lot more people with several ideas...
one being posting pdfs of solved problems by MHB since so much comes into the forum that is unique

just needs to be developed a little and started.... other ideas also but trying to get some hw down now that I am behind in

Ray
Wahiawa Hawaii