Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] A thought about a new feature

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
I was thinking (I think I can I think I can (Clapping) )

It would be convenient if we added a button or option to see not only new threads, but recent ones? For example sometimes I come on and answer just the simple questions, then come back later to answer the ones I have to think about. Or re-read them to mull over. If they aren't on the new posts or unanswered thread list then I have to hunt them down forum by forum.

(I think we had one on MHF that showed all posts during the day?)

-Dan

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Click on the giant green button "Activity". That will show you recent posts, threads and visitor profile comments. Does that work for you?

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Another option I use from time to time: if I'm interested in a thread, but don't want to reply, I'll subscribe to it using Thread Tools. Then it shows up in the Quick Links -> Subscribed Threads search.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Lastly, if you click on "Quick Links" -> "Today's Posts" you can see posts from the last 24 hours I believe.

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
(Ahem!) Do you know I've been here for a few months and I never even looked at the "Quick Links" button.

Okay, thanks! Apparently I need a cup of (Coffee)

-Dan

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Haha, we actually have put some thought into our navbar and welcome comments about how it can be improved.