Is This Second-Order Differential Equation Solvable?

• Thread starter karthik3k
  • Start date
In summary, "Can Anybody Solve This Equation?" refers to a mathematical problem that requires finding the value of one or more variables in order to make the equation true. The solvability of an equation depends on its complexity and the available mathematical techniques and tools. The steps to solve an equation may vary and can involve simplifying the equation and using specific mathematical techniques. While a calculator or computer may be helpful, it is important to also understand the underlying mathematical concepts. Various strategies and tips can also be used to solve equations, and practice can improve problem-solving skills.
karthik3k
Can Anybody Solve This Equation ??

Can anybody solve this eq ??
I have gone thru many books but cudnt find a solution !
PLz help !

Y"+(C1/x)Y'=C2

Where C1, C2 are constants. and
Y"=(d^2y)/dx^2
Y'=dy/dx

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok i give u a hint

Put dy/dx=p
=> [tex]\frac{d^2y}{dx^2}= \frac{dp}{dx}[/tex]
so u have
[tex]\frac{dp}{dx} + \frac{C_1}{x}p=C_2[/tex]

Hope u can take it from there

Although I cannot provide a specific solution without knowing the values of C1 and C2, this equation can be solved using various mathematical methods such as separation of variables, integrating factors, or power series. It is a second-order differential equation, which means it has two independent variables, and it requires two initial conditions to find a unique solution. It is a challenging equation, and it is not surprising that you were not able to find a solution in your books. I suggest seeking help from a math tutor or an online math forum where experts can guide you through the steps to solve this equation. With the right approach and determination, I believe anybody can solve this equation. Good luck!

1. What is the equation that needs to be solved?

The specific equation in question may vary, but in general, "Can Anybody Solve This Equation?" refers to a mathematical problem that requires finding the value of one or more variables in order to make the equation true.

2. Is this equation solvable?

The solvability of an equation depends on its complexity and the available mathematical techniques and tools. Some equations may have straightforward solutions, while others may be unsolvable or require advanced mathematical concepts to solve.

3. What steps should I take to solve the equation?

The steps to solve an equation may vary depending on its form and complexity. Generally, the first step is to simplify the equation by using basic algebraic operations such as combining like terms or isolating the variable. Then, specific mathematical techniques such as factoring, substitution, or graphing may be used to find the solution.

4. Can I use a calculator or computer to solve the equation?

While a calculator or computer may be helpful in solving some equations, it is important to understand the underlying mathematical concepts and techniques used. In some cases, a calculator or computer may not be able to provide an exact solution and may only give an approximation.

5. Are there any tips or tricks for solving equations?

There are various strategies and tips that can be used to solve equations, such as working backwards, checking answers, and using the properties of equality. It is also important to carefully read and understand the given equation and to practice solving different types of equations to improve problem-solving skills.