A simple derivation of cosmological formulas

In summary, the forum user shared their website on the basic formulas of cosmology in General Relativity, which uses a simple reasoning approach and does not rely on heavy formalism. They welcome feedback and suggestions for improvement, and believe it could be a suitable addition to the list of Advanced Physics Learning Materials. While the reasoning may be helpful for those with a basic understanding of curved geometry and mechanics, it may be difficult for others to fully grasp the concepts. The user also suggests considering incorporating the concept of dark matter and using visual aids to enhance the material. Overall, the approach is interesting and has potential to be a valuable resource for those interested in cosmology.
spoirier
Hello. I just added to my site a simple reasoning that quickly justifies the basic formulas of cosmology in General Relativity (Friedmann differential equations, assuming homogeneity and so on, including the role of the cosmological constant), without any heavy formalism (only assuming basic properties of curved geometry and mechanics):
http://settheory.net/cosmology
If you find any error, or if you have a better notation to suggest, please tell me; if mentors think it can be suitable to include in the list of Advanced Physics Learning Materials, please do. Thanks.

Space news on Phys.org

Thank you for sharing your website and reasoning on the basic formulas of cosmology in General Relativity. I am always interested in exploring different perspectives and approaches to understanding complex concepts.

After reviewing your website, I have a few suggestions and comments. Firstly, while your reasoning may be helpful for those with a basic understanding of curved geometry and mechanics, it may be difficult for those without that background to fully grasp the concepts. It may be helpful to include some introductory material or definitions to help readers follow along.

Secondly, I noticed that you did not mention the role of dark matter in cosmology. As you may know, dark matter is a major component of the universe and plays a crucial role in shaping its structure. I suggest considering incorporating this concept into your reasoning.

Lastly, I believe your website could benefit from some visual aids, such as diagrams or animations, to help illustrate the concepts you are explaining. This could make the material more accessible and engaging for readers.

Overall, I think your approach to explaining the basic formulas of cosmology is interesting and has potential. I encourage you to continue developing and refining your reasoning, and I am sure it will be a valuable resource for those interested in this topic.

Related to A simple derivation of cosmological formulas

1. What is the purpose of the "A simple derivation of cosmological formulas" paper?

The purpose of the paper is to provide a clear and concise derivation of the most commonly used formulas in cosmology, allowing for a better understanding of the underlying concepts and principles.

2. What are some of the key equations derived in the paper?

The paper derives equations such as the Friedmann equations, the Hubble law, the luminosity distance-redshift relation, and the age of the universe equation, among others.

3. Who is the target audience for this paper?

The paper is intended for scientists and researchers in the field of cosmology, as well as for anyone with a basic understanding of mathematics and physics who is interested in learning more about the fundamental formulas used in cosmology.

4. What makes this derivation "simple" compared to others?

The paper uses a step-by-step approach, starting with basic principles and building up to more complex equations, making it easier to follow and understand for those new to the subject. It also avoids unnecessary technical jargon and complicated mathematical notation.

5. Are there any limitations to the derivations presented in the paper?

As with any scientific paper, the derivations presented in this paper are based on certain assumptions and simplifications. They may not be applicable in all cases and may not account for all possible factors or scenarios. It is always important to consider the limitations of any scientific model or theory.