I got some questions, me

• Thread starter eastsidecrew
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around questions about time travel, black holes, and wormholes. The speaker is unable to provide concrete answers and refers to current theories and speculations. They also mention that these concepts are often used in science fiction and not yet fully understood in reality.
eastsidecrew
I got some questions, please help me

hi i did my indipendent study report on time travel and i have to give that report to every students and each of them will ask me 5 qestions and i have to answer them. here are some questions they gave me please help me out. I need to find answers as soon as possible. I tried to search, but i couldn't find it.

1) Is it possible to calculate the magnitude of the gravitational field of a black hole?
2) How in a wormhole do two regions of space actually come together??
3) Is it possible that anything could attach it self to a cosmic string?
4) If time travel was possible, would it be ethical to use that power for any means?
5) Since light is a form of energy and has no dimensions of time, wouldn’t time traveler age normally in a spacecraft that went light speed because time puritans (pertains) to him?
6) If wormholes are so unstable that they would collapse when light entered into them, would not there be no wormholes in the center of black holes because light can enter black holes?
7) How is it that black hole’s powerful energy is responsible for the creation of a wormhole?
8) How does a rotating black holes different from a normal one and why cannot a normal black hole be used for time travel?
9) You mentioned that a wormhole can deflect light rays, but how does this help in time travel?
10) If a cosmic string has enormous amount of gravitational pull, would not any object near it just suck in it and be destroyed? If not, how a combination of a cosmic string and a black hole simply shrink the space time?
11) How does one attach a cosmic string to an object?
12) Could you explain in more depth the idea of parallel universes?
13) If there is no dimension of time at light speed, would we become frozen if traveling at this speed?
14) Why does a black hole have high levels of gravitational force?
15) What is meant when you say that wormholes are unstable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greetings eastsidecrew !

Welcome to PF !

1. Yes.
2. I have no idea and I do not
believe anybody else really does.
3. Super String Theory is not
an accepted theory yet. Anyway, I think
it discribes everything in terms of strings -
so there's no "something" to speak of.
4. I don't know, I don't have the
"ethics" formula. :wink:
5. Nothing with rest mass can reach c. Like
you said light has no time dimension and
hence doesn't move through time at all.
6. Wormholes are the stuff of sci-fi for now.
7. Like 6. Except that in "theory" a
wormhole happens when the collapsed (through
the fabric of space-time) singularities
in the center of two BHs meet and connect.
8. A rotating BH rotates. :wink: BHs do not
allow time travel in the "sci-fi conventional"
meaning of that word combination.
9. Like 6.
10. Total sci-fi.
11. Like 3.
12. There's a number of such theories.
One theory for example speaks of the Big Bang
and says that since the Inflation was so
fast (much faster than c), many totally
separate Universes were created.
Another possibility concerns Quantum Mechanics.
It is theorized that each particle exists
in an infinite amount of parallel Universes
and when the particle interacts (an event)
there are infinite amounts of possibilities
"spread" according to the statistical
predictions of QM.
There are other weird possibilities too.
13. Like 5.
14. The gravitational force of a BH is
directly proportional to it's mass according
to Newton's Universal Law of Gravity:
F = G * M1 * M2 / R^2
A BH with the mass of a star has the same
gravitational force at the same distance
from it. However, the mass of the BH occupies
an extremely small area of space, so
you can experience a strong gravitational
force a short distance from the BH while
in the case of a star - you'd be deep
inside it at such a distance.
15. Like 6.

Live long and prosper.

Hello, I would be happy to help answer your questions about time travel and the concepts you discussed in your independent study report. It seems like you have done a lot of research and have some very interesting questions. Here are some possible answers to your questions:

1) Yes, it is possible to calculate the magnitude of a black hole's gravitational field using mathematical equations and theories such as general relativity. However, it is difficult to measure and observe directly due to the strong gravitational pull of a black hole.

2) In a wormhole, two regions of space are connected through a theoretical tunnel or shortcut, allowing for faster travel between them. This is possible because of the curvature of space-time, which is a concept in general relativity.

3) Cosmic strings are hypothetical objects that are thought to be extremely thin and have a lot of energy. It is possible that something could attach itself to a cosmic string, but it is currently unknown if this is possible.

4) The ethics of time travel is a complex and debated topic. Some argue that it could have negative consequences and disrupt the natural flow of time, while others believe it could be used for good. It is important to consider the potential consequences before using time travel for any means.

5) This is a topic of debate and is still not fully understood. Some theories suggest that time would pass normally for the time traveler, while others propose that time would be dilated or affected in some way.

6) It is currently unknown what happens inside a black hole, and whether or not wormholes could exist within them. The concept of wormholes is still theoretical and requires further research.

7) The powerful energy of a black hole is thought to create a distortion in space-time, which could potentially create a wormhole. However, this is still a theoretical concept and requires more research.

8) A rotating black hole, also known as a Kerr black hole, has a different structure and properties compared to a non-rotating black hole. It is currently unknown if either type of black hole could be used for time travel.

9) Wormholes are thought to have the ability to bend and distort light rays, which could potentially be used to travel through time. However, this is still a theoretical concept and requires further study.

10) The exact effects of a cosmic string's gravitational pull on nearby objects are still unknown. It is possible that objects could be destroyed if they get too close, but it is also possible that they could orbit safely

1. What does "I got some questions, me" mean?

"I got some questions, me" is a phrase commonly used to express that someone has questions or is curious about something. It is often used in a casual or informal setting.

2. Why do people say "I got some questions, me" instead of just "I have some questions"?

The use of "me" in this phrase adds a personal touch and can convey a sense of excitement or urgency in asking the questions. It can also be used to emphasize the fact that the person asking the questions is the one who wants to know the answers.

3. Is "I got some questions, me" grammatically correct?

This phrase may not be considered grammatically correct in formal writing or speech, as it is a more colloquial expression. However, in informal settings or casual conversations, it is commonly used and understood.

4. Can "I got some questions, me" be used in a professional setting?

In a professional setting, it may be more appropriate to use a more formal phrase such as "I have some questions" or "I would like to ask some questions." However, the use of this phrase could also depend on the culture and context of the workplace.

5. Is there a difference between "I got some questions, me" and "I have some questions"?

The use of "got" in "I got some questions, me" implies that the person has already obtained the questions or has them in their possession. "I have some questions" is a more general statement that can imply the person has not yet received or thought of the questions. However, in casual conversation, these two phrases can be used interchangeably.